• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Why all the restructuring?

Michael G

43 minutes ago, BurnNChinn said:

Y’all have to understand we didn’t have much cap to begin with. We have to pay Darnolds whole salary this year. Don’t see this at all that we’re making a big move. We don’t have the unlimited cap space, like the saints have.

Maybe...wouldn't one restructure do this? I'm no cap genius, but IMO there are also cuts and trades that we could look to that might free up some room. I guess I'm just worried that Rhule is trying to get $ to afford to make a big trade or FA signing to help save his butt.

13 minutes ago, BurnNChinn said:

Oh yeah because he can throw a ball in a shirt or shorts. Lmao too much hype, hope someone trades up to our spot for him!

The other QBs in this draft can't even throw the ball in a shirt/shorts or in uniform

25 minutes ago, t96 said:

I think it suggests we're gonna load up on OL in FA. Which may in turn suggest we're going QB round 1 (hopefully Willis if so).

23 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

Apparently Willis is getting all of the praise at the combine

Eh, if Tepper, Rhule, and Co are high on him as a QB, there's a good chance he'll be a mistake based off who they have signed so far. Picking good QBs does not seem to be a skill they have.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, jayboogieman said:

Eh, if Tepper, Rhule, and Co are high on him as a QB, there's a good chance he'll be a mistake based off who they have signed so far. Picking good QBs does not seem to be a skill they have.

One of the biggest things I've learned in life is that when you least expect it, people may surprise you.

No I don't have high hopes for any moves that this current administration makes, but I can't control it and will continue to hope that the moves they make work out. If they continue to not work out then I just won't spend as much of my time following this team as the season goes down the drain. But right now I've got an open mind and from what I've seen of this class I like Willis the most and if we go QB I hope it's him. Even if that means that Rhule and company are high on him

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1