• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Moore won’t be cheap

AU-panther

45 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Who in the hell wanted Robby over Moore??

An absolute ton of people were thrilled to lock him up in the "Panthers extend Robby Anderson's contract" thread. Didn't say they wanted him over him, but one is related to the other. Less likely to spend money on the better player.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

We need to trade DJ Moore. DJ is a good receiver but he’s not elite and will garner elite receiver money. I’ve not seen one game where DJ took over the game. I was fortunate to meet Gerald Williams yesterday who played for the Panthers back in 95-97. He told me that this organization’s problem is paying top money to receivers and not building the OL. 

1 hour ago, Carl Spackler said:

An absolute ton of people were thrilled to lock him up in the "Panthers extend Robby Anderson's contract" thread. Didn't say they wanted him over him, but one is related to the other. Less likely to spend money on the better player.

Robby still doesn't affect DJ and he can be traded easily. Even the Patriots know this team is a dumpster fire and Robby isn't as bad as last year would indicate. You have people shitting on Moore too. Now all of that is an effect that rippled through the whole team. From Sam Darnold. It's why Anderson was all smiles even at the sight of a known washed version of Cam Newton. Even at a shell of himself he brought more energy than Sam could ever hope for. Everything else was doomed to be tainted eventually when we made that dumb trade for him and picked up his option like we were geniuses.

4 hours ago, TheMaulClaw said:

I'm still mad at DJ for fumbling three times in a game in his rookie year effectively costing us the game.  For real though, DJ is good, but replaceable.

Redskins game, I was at it and couldn’t believe it. But that’s one game his rookie year, he’s a great #1 receiver and not easily replaceable. One can argue though we should prioritize QB and OL first and if that means trading DJ to get help there sooner, then fine

3 hours ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

Not surprising.  Did you guys see what Kenny Golladay got last year?  DJ will get a huge contract from someone.

I will shocked if Moore's per year pay out doesnt start with a 2.

People forget hes still very young(same for burns). Hes got 4 years battle test exp and only 24 years old. 

4 hours ago, hepcat said:

Trade DJ. The Panthers need draft assets not another overpaid WR. 

The issue with DJ is this…if you trade him and draft a QB then how will you tell if the QB is any good? Anderson, Thomas, and Marshall? You need a real threat. But…If you keep him and the QB looks legit then you’re tied to him for a big deal. Bc you aren’t trading a top target with a young QB.