• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Person talks QB options...

Mr. Scot

1 minute ago, frankw said:

Complain about the QB class complain about not wanting Watson some fans don’t know what they want. No matter what we have to take a chance and make a choice. I'd rather just roll the dice on Malik.

We already have our qb. He was taken with our second round pick that's about to go down.  They even paid him like a gazillion dollars to audition last season. Outside of his worthless ass it's take one in next draft or bust, again. 

2 minutes ago, frankw said:

Complain about the QB class complain about not wanting Watson some fans don’t know what they want. No matter what we have to take a chance and make a choice. I'd rather just roll the dice on Malik.

Actually I know what I want. 

1. Make Rhule stick with Darnold. This was his guy and we traded assets and committed to his 5th year based on Rhule's evaluation. 

2. Draft a LT at 6, preferably Ekwanu, if he's available. If not..

3. Trade back if the 3 top LTs are gone and recoup a couple day 2 picks. Take Linderbaum, Penning or Raimman with our 1st, Zion Johnson or Muma with our 2nd. 

4. Send PJ walking and bring in a cheap QB like Trubisky or Minshew that can compete with Darnold for starting spot or would be a decent backup. 

5. Find our franchise QB next year in a much better class with the early pick we are likely to have with a new coach to evaluate and select him. 

7 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

We already have our qb. He was taken with our second round pick that's about to go down.  They even paid him like a gazillion dollars to audition last season. Outside of his worthless ass it's take one in next draft or bust, again. 

4 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

1. Make Rhule stick with Darnold. This was his guy and we traded assets and committed to his 5th year based on Rhule's evaluation. 

3. Trade back if the 3 top LTs are gone and recoup a couple day 2 picks. Take Linderbaum, Penning or Raimman with our 1st, Zion Johnson or Muma with our 2nd. 

4. Send PJ walking and bring in a cheap QB like Trubisky or Minshew that can compete with Darnold for starting spot or would be a decent backup. 

5. Find our franchise QB next year in a much better class with the early pick we are likely to have with a new coach to evaluate and select him. 

Darnold is toast. I don't think the team would survive 17 more games of him without serious fractures in the locker room. Tepper Rhule and Fitterer are going to do something big like it or not.

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, PNW_PantherMan said:

Here's to Ron outbidding us I guess.

What a sickening thought 

2 hours ago, Jackie Lee said:

WFT offered 3 1st's for Wilson so I totally believe it. They'll also have the leverage of Heinickie on a $3M deal next year for a bridge, who we could have kept and is better than Darnold. Heinickie and Kyle Allen both were at least more fun to watch and were basically free

ugh I was pounding the table all off-season in 2020 about keeping Allen over signing Bridgewater. They’re basically the same QB except Allen was ridiculously cheaper 

• Beer 2

37 minutes ago, frankw said:

Darnold is toast. I don't think the team would survive 17 more games of him without serious fractures in the locker room. Tepper Rhule and Fitterer are going to do something big like it or not.

I don't disagree. I just know what I want to happen. We're likely going to make another desperation move in an attempt to save Rhule's job and it's going to leave this team gutted with an overpaid vet QB or an overdrafted rookie. 

3 minutes ago, SizzleBuzz said:

Extremely tired narrative, not how the real world works...

...let it go pal 🤦‍♂️

And letting a coach with one foot on a banana peel trade 3 years worth of assets for a QB with massive legal issues or draft a QB simply because he scouted him as a college recruit is?

We have one of the worst coaches in the league. We didn't fire him, we're doubling down that he can fix it when he has shown absolutely no ability to adapt or even bring an NFL caliber offense to the field with 2 QBs he hand picked. That's not how the real NFL world works either, at least in successful franchises. 

• Flames 1

3 hours ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

Sounds good to us fans but why would the current coach do something  that would end hurting his chances to keep his job?