• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Whole lot of Deshaun Watson chatter happening out there

Zod

2 minutes ago, Captroop said:

I need it. My 2022 has been butt-fugging awful so far. This really would be the cherry on the cake.

And let it be known, to any who may be listening; I will happily deal with the pain of inadequacy! Gladly slog through a decade of mediocrity. I'll watch with frustration, I'll rage at the screen, but I'll be a Panthers fan if they're doing it the right way.

But I won't be a fan of a franchise that tries to win, not matter the cost. I won't compromise my morality to cheer for a sports team.

You tell me the alternative is Sam? Or Malik? Or an aging, broekn down Cam. I'll watch. I'll cheer. I'm in. Deshaun is in, I'm out.

jackie earle haley | GIF | PrimoGIF

moustache goodbye GIF

• Beer 1
  • Flames 1

33 minutes ago, Delhommie17 said:

People just gotta come to grips with the fact that Watson is gonna be traded here. We have an owner who’s already said he’s gonna do something big and sadly I believe him. @Verge has already said pretty much a done deal. 

There are other competitors. Anything could happen. I hesitate to say "done deal".

• Pie 1

See the ignorance from the shoulder is shot crowd who's been singing that for years was proven when the Patriots picked the man up after they gutted the roster including Brady.

The Patriots loved Cam. They found a diamond in the rough in Mac Jones because teams like the Panthers miss on stuff like that. Mac is the starter and did very well as a rookie. Can't blame them 

The Panthers are in a different situation. They need their Brady. QB1 is that for this team. Dude trained in NE under some of the best coaches in the business.

You guys are wrong about Cam. He came is like a beast last season and had he been in training camp this subversive talk would stand in the foolery it really is.

Robby said they should roll with Cam this season. That means guys can stay and compete for something. This guy isn't broke down and he just hit his 30s. He proved he can still lead and he can still play off his couch. Why shouldn't he be the FA. Cam was never the problem he was usually a solution who lacked great coaching after Chud and before New England.

McAdoo probably wants to talk to Cam too. He knows up close what QB1 is capable of.

If everyone else does their job the Panthers could be back on top of the NFCS with 2022 seasoned, healthy, travelled Cam.

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, uncfan888 said:

The scary thing is going to be if we miss out on deshaun and tepper gets even more desperate for a QB than he is now 

That’s just it.

Probably also means Tampa gets Watson and they run our division for the next several years.

While we end up with Jimmy G

11 minutes ago, Verge said:

There are other competitors. Anything could happen. I hesitate to say "done deal".

I will not enter the fray about the moral aspects of trading for Watson until we know more on Friday.  This is for those that say it is too costly. I don't know if it is a reasonable offer - but here goes.

Darnold + DJ + 3 1sts + 2nds for Watson.  Houston gets a lot of draft capital for building and can absorb DJ/Darnold with the savings from trading Watson.

Moving Darnold and DJ in a trade frees 29m.  Watson will cost 35m, but we can convert that salary to bonus and drop the cap hit to 10m or so in 2022.

Next we flip CMC to Buffalo (or similar) for a 2nd and a 2023 second.  This will cost 18m dead.

We come out with Watson, 50m in cap, and picks 2,4,5,5,6,7 in 2022.  In 2023 we'll have a 2 (from buff), 3,4,5,6,7 plus comp picks for Reddick, Gilmore, etc.  (maybe an extra 4 and 5).  In 2024, we won't have a first or second, but could be decent by then with good investments.

Putting aside the moral aspect, will we have enough cap and capital to build around Watson?  

(and for those who's only contribution will be "panthers will probably just draft poorly and overpay the wrong people", consider not saying these things this time.  we know who you are and we know how you feel) 

• Pie 2

11 minutes ago, rippadonn said:

See the ignorance from the shoulder is shot crowd who's been singing that for years was proven when the Patriots picked the man up after they gutted the roster including Brady.

The Patriots loved Cam. They found a diamond in the rough in Mac Jones because teams like the Panthers miss on stuff like that. Mac is the starter and did very well as a rookie. Can't blame them 

The Panthers are in a different situation. They need their Brady. QB1 is that for this team. Dude trained in NE under some of the best coaches in the business.

You guys are wrong about Cam. He came is like a beast last season and had he been in training camp this subversive talk would stand in the foolery it really is.

Robby said they should roll with Cam this season. That means guys can stay and compete for something. This guy isn't broke down and he just hit his 30s. He proved he can still lead and he can still play off his couch. Why shouldn't he be the FA. Cam was never the problem he was usually a solution who lacked great coaching after Chud and before New England.

McAdoo probably wants to talk to Cam too. He knows up close what QB1 is capable of.

If everyone else does their job the Panthers could be back on top of the NFCS with 2022 seasoned, healthy, travelled Cam.

He's done. Sorry. It is what it is. I am hoping he goes somewhere he can win a ring as a backup who has some subpackages in short-yardage/RZ situations. I think he could be successful for several more years in such a role, as he's still a dynamic runner. But his arm is indeed shot. He's never going to be a full-time starter for a good team ever again. 

• Pie 1

38 minutes ago, BullCityP said:

How is it hypocritical of the league when they have a current owner who done the same thing with no repercussions??

It confirms it. The league will turn a blind eye to anything as long as they are making money from it.