• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Whole lot of Deshaun Watson chatter happening out there

Zod

Just now, pantherj said:

If Rhule drafts a QB then we're going to get slaughtered in the upcoming season, and we'll have a high pick in the wonderful 2023 draft. If he doesn't draft a QB, and we don't land Watson on a good deal, then we're going to be destroyed in 2022, and same high pick in the 2023 draft.

How are we going to be slaughtered?  Get some OL and if we do pick a QB with potential we are right there.  Our defense is good to great.  Stop buying into how terrible we actually are right now.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, pantherj said:

If Rhule drafts a QB then we're going to get slaughtered in the upcoming season, and we'll have a high pick in the wonderful 2023 draft. If he doesn't draft a QB, and we don't land Watson on a good deal, then we're going to be destroyed in 2022, and same high pick in the 2023 draft.

Yeah, that's why I don't want him picking a QB. I'd rather use the pick on a safe choice like an offensive linemen, get killed this year, and then pick a QB high next year. Next year's class is much better than this year's too

If Watson never gets in trouble again the rest of his career, then he absolutely is worth that trade package.  I think some of ya'll are really underestimating how much a franchise QB changes things.  Even the Texans who have never been a well-ran organization and even behind horrible OLs, he led them to 10+ wins in 2018 and 2019.  And he's 26 with near-elite accuracy, he'll be great for a long, long time.

Now yes the off-the-field issues are a massive concern and a good reason to not be for the deal.  But if we're strictly talking the value of a young QB, the deal itself is fine if you trust and believe Watson will learn from all of this.

• Pie 1

Just now, uncfan888 said:

Yeah, that's why I don't want him picking a QB. I'd rather use the pick on a safe choice like an offensive linemen, get killed this year, and then pick a QB high next year. Next year's class is much better than this year's too

Fear might drive Rhule to pull the trigger on a QB in this draft, and at worst if the QB doesn't pan out we're out that draft pick. However, that would probably end Rhule's time here as well. If the QB plays well, then we may have our franchise QB. I'd rather draft o-line or some other position, but I'll be surprised if we don't pick a QB.

As big of a fan as I was of Watson the player, the longer this has dragged on, the less appealing it sounds.  Regardless of what happens tomorrow, now the sound of trading 3 1sts, 2 2nds, and multiple players for a guy who has sat out an entire year and may still get suspended for another year just doesn't sound like the lemon is worth the squeeze.

And the way the NFL has shat all over us at every possible turn for just about the entirety of our history, it wouldn't surprise me one bit if we turned around and made that trade tomorrow only for the NFL to then decide to finally step in after this garbage has carried on for over a year and suspend him for the whole season.  So then we would be out of valuable picks for the next 3 years, down multiple defensive stars, and have absolutely nothing to show for it.  And then as others have mentioned, I don't feel all too excited about acquiring a guy who apparently didn't want to come here last offseason, and now with the bonus of a lame duck staff in place.

If we do it, and he's allowed to play, I'll be excited to see what he can do because he is indeed a hell of a player.  He is the definition of a franchise player with MVP potential, on the field.  But its all this other garbage that is so off putting.  I was all in last offseason, but idk what it is a year later...  I just don't feel froggy for this jump.

7 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

As big of a fan as I was of Watson the player, the longer this has dragged on, the less appealing it sounds.  Regardless of what happens tomorrow, now the sound of trading 3 1sts, 2 2nds, and multiple players for a guy who has sat out an entire year and may still get suspended for another year just doesn't sound like the lemon is worth the squeeze.

He'll get 10 games at the most.  More than likely 4 or 6 games.  Ben got 4 games.  Rice got 2 games, and the only reason it ever got made into a season-long thing is because the video got released and the public outrage was too bad of a PR problem for the league.

40 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

What did you expect Watson to cost?

I’m fine with the picks, adding elite players who each would be worth a couple first rounders themselves is completely absurd. And that’s in a scenario where the player doesn’t have issues. Even if Watson is cleared and able to play soon this stuff will follow him his whole career and as we saw win the me too movement it can come back to haunt him at any time. We’ll be in the playoffs 3 years from now and another one will come out with more specifics and draw a media storm to the point where he’s immediately on commissioners exempt list and our season is over. It’s just stupid to even consider trading that many assets for a guy with those issues following him around, no matter how good a QB he is.

I still don't get the "plan" as far as Rhule goes if there even is one with this. If Watson comes in, he's either suspended and/or our team has been depleted. 

Rhule going to get to use that as an excuse to get another year? If Watson is Tepper's call, then why is Rhule even here at this point? To coach a Watson-less while suspended team and be given an excuse? Going all in on Watson...only to fire our coaching staff as we've left our cupboards bare for the next guy? Nothing this team does makes a damn bit of sense when Tepper or Rhule are involved. 

• Pie 2

7 minutes ago, CarolinaNCSU said:

I still don't get the "plan" as far as Rhule goes if there even is one with this. If Watson comes in, he's either suspended and/or our team has been depleted. 

Rhule going to get to use that as an excuse to get another year? If Watson is Tepper's call, then why is Rhule even here at this point? To coach a Watson-less while suspended team and be given an excuse? Going all in on Watson...only to fire our coaching staff as we've left our cupboards bare for the next guy? Nothing this team does makes a damn bit of sense when Tepper or Rhule are involved. 

Theoretically having Watson could give us a better chance to draw the best HC candidate here next year... wonder if Harbaugh would come here to coach him but with no draft capital

3 hours ago, Verge said:

We offered three 1st round picks + other picks + player at the deadline with zero clarity on Watsons situation. If his situation clears up and there other other bidders, why wouldn't we offer more?

#FakeNews

Kinda hard to do when the Texans won't take any incoming phone calls.

• Poo 1