• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Whole lot of Deshaun Watson chatter happening out there

Zod

56 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Speaking as the husband of someone who's survived more than one form of sexual victimization, what would you suggest I tell her to explain how watching a football team win is more important than her feelings?

I’m surprised she remained a fan after the cowboys signed Greg hardy.

• Flames 1

38 minutes ago, Smittymoose said:

To not watch football if she cannot restrain from imposing her personal feelings on a football team that is solely for entertainment. 

Personal feelings are all over entertainment now. That’s part of it now.  If we land Watson, I can still like other players in the team, but there will definitely be a dark cloud over our franchise. Let another franchise have him. It’s a terrible decision for the franchise with him not have legal issues. Throw those in and it’s disgraceful…

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, Jon Snow said:

If, if is always used to brush aside what shouldn't be.  If you are alive you will interact with all kinds of people that if you knew them you would regret having even been in the room with.  There not much you can do if you are ignorant of the fact. Once you know what they are about then you are responsible for your actions beyond that.

Using political figures as some indication of right or wrong is the worst example you could have chosen.  Whether I vote or not depends entirely on what I know about the candidate.  There hasn't been anyone with voting for since it became eligible to vote 42 years ago.  So no, to answer your question neither the former or current dipsh!t is my choice or fault. fug you for making me go there. 

Using political figures and those that support them is the best example I could use. The reason you don't see it is because you don't want to see it. And fug you for trying to call people POS human beings just because they would support Watson coming here if he is not deemed criminally liable. There's a reason for American jurisprudence. There's a reason for criminal and civil law. There's also a nuanced distinction between pervert and predator. 

Edited by top dawg
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 1

4 minutes ago, uncfan888 said:

People will be upset if the trade goes down but they'll get over it eventually like everyone does with every other bad person in the nfl

Ray Lewis killed a guy FFS. Tyreke Hill punched his pregnant girlfriend in the stomach. Kareem Hunt knocked a chick out in an elevator. No one talks about that stuff though. 

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

49 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

And if those "entertainers" happen to victimize a few women along the way, that's okay as long as they keep "entertaining" us. Is that how it works?

I mean, it's not wrong as long as you're rich, famous or talented, right?

I don't think it's "okay," but I don't feel the need analyze the morality of every player that plays for the Carolina Panthers, no. The only thing that matters is whether they're good at football. Their morality does not impact their ability to perform on a football field. 

I'm petrified that we're going to do something stupid and give up multiple Firsts, plus other picks, and a player or two, for Watson.

We're not a contender if you add Watson right now, especially when it takes away our firsts for a few years and current starters.

It would reek of desperation and only backfire on us, we have far too many holes to fill, start to do that this year and draft a new QB next year in a better draft class.

• Beer 2

1 minute ago, Smittymoose said:

I don't think it's "okay," but I don't feel the need analyze the morality of every player that plays for the Carolina Panthers, no. The only thing that matters is whether they're good at football. Their morality does not impact their ability to perform on a football field. 

When it’s out there in your face it’s difficult to ignore. I’m not saying to do full background checks on everyone on the roster, but we KNOW he has been accused by a lot of women and are interested in him as a leader of this team? Where do you draw the line? Do you want Bill Cosby to help with scouting? How about Harvey Weinstein? 

• Flames 1