• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Florio: Panthers understand they have to give up 3 firsts, another pick, and 1-2 (Chinn, Burns, Brown, Horn)

Kraybrothers

On 3/10/2022 at 10:00 PM, TheSpecialJuan said:

Because on on Sundays on the football field he is great. One of only a few truly great QB’s in the league.

imagine him under center with McCaffrey at RB DJ Moore and Robby Anderson at WR 

Yes out O-line is bad but look how far Joe Burrow took the Bengals and his offensive line was terrible 

Yeah this is really it. He’s one of the best 5 (or fewer) QBs on the planet. 

I came here to say we are going to give up our next three first rounders, but those extras? You think fitterer and rhule are still making personnel decisions? This fuging loser tepper is dictating who he wants in here. fug this organization. 

We’d be giving up WAY too much for a QB that hasn’t played in a year or so. Yes, I’d love to have Watson as our franchise QB but we’re talking multiple first round picks and young talent from our defense that would set us back years from addressing other important needs on the roster. I’m hoping cooler heads will prevail to keep Tepper from pushing this franchise further down the abyss of irrelevance. 

Besides teams like Seattle, Philly or Tampa have the upper hand in draft capital and or talent that may be more enticing for a QB in his prime IMO.

Edited by Prowler2k18
  • Pie 1

1 hour ago, Prowler2k18 said:

We’d be giving up WAY too much for a QB that hasn’t played in a year or so.

Why do people keep acting like this is a big deal?  It isn't like he got hurt.  He just missed a year. Plenty of guys have missed a year or close to it (whether due to injury or another reason) and been fine.  KD is a basketball player who missed over a year due to an Achilles injury and is just as good now as he ever was.  Prescott suffered a nasty ankle injury and look at how good he was last year.

Him not playing in 2021 should mean nothing.

• Pie 1

45 minutes ago, Mage said:

Why do people keep acting like this is a big deal?  It isn't like he got hurt.  He just missed a year. Plenty of guys have missed a year or close to it (whether due to injury or another reason) and been fine.  KD is a basketball player who missed over a year due to an Achilles injury and is just as good now as he ever was.  Prescott suffered a nasty ankle injury and look at how good he was last year.

Him not playing in 2021 should mean nothing.

If our roster was in better shape and we had the draft capital, I’d be all for it. As our roster stands now, and with what we’d have to give up, it would set us back due to the salary cap implications and the young talent we’d probably lose on defense. All this said, Tepper is the ultimate decision maker and if he wants him bad enough he’ll definitely make it happen.

Edited by Prowler2k18

11 hours ago, AceBoogie said:

This thread is they typical panthers fans. They want to win, but don’t want to do what it takes to win. 

We want to win but also recognize that 1 player cannot do it all. This is a team sport and if you lack the ability to build the team around the 1 player, you end up with great offensive numbers and a 4-12 record. Or for an even better example, look at Cam. We never built a consistent winner with someone who many on this message board say is a HoF QB. 

Having a QB is the most important piece but if you lack the ability to build around it, what difference does it make? FAs aren't coming to Carolina to win a SB. I have my doubts the league would even let him after all this mess. This is just an entertainment company and they can influence the outcome of games without consequences. We are going to have to pay people to come here. We are not a Super Bowl contender right now. We're not a playoff contender. Yeah, you've got the one big piece, but you've crippled yourself in every other area required to build around it. 

• Pie 1

14 minutes ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

We want to win but also recognize that 1 player cannot do it all. This is a team sport and if you lack the ability to build the team around the 1 player, you end up with great offensive numbers and a 4-12 record. Or for an even better example, look at Cam. We never built a consistent winner with someone who many on this message board say is a HoF QB. 

Having a QB is the most important piece but if you lack the ability to build around it, what difference does it make? FAs aren't coming to Carolina to win a SB. I have my doubts the league would even let him after all this mess. This is just an entertainment company and they can influence the outcome of games without consequences. We are going to have to pay people to come here. We are not a Super Bowl contender right now. We're not a playoff contender. Yeah, you've got the one big piece, but you've crippled yourself in every other area required to build around it. 

You don't think a Watson-led Carolina in 2022's iteration of the NFC South is a "playoff contender?"

Please.

1 hour ago, SmokinwithWilly said:

No. We may limp in at 7-10, 8-9, or 9-8 but are we really a contender in the playoffs. No. 

You said "playoff contender" as in, contender to make the playoffs. Carolina would EASILY be the favorite in the South. Easily. 

Edited by Smittymoose