• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Welp, doest look like we qualify for Deshaun.

Zod

4 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

I am under the impression that his contract gives him the power to veto any trade if he does not like it.

We should negotiate with his agent a new contract that pays him more if they agree to only remove trade clause for us and force houston to take a respectable offer similar to Wilson’s deal

• Poo 1

15 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

They can’t afford him. Bucs are -10m in gap right now and saints are -25m and still paying Brees.

im not sure why deshaun would want to go to the saints anyways, they are a year away from total rebuild.

I don't believe in the salary cap. I've seen too many ways around it. I don't think he goes to the saints but the bucs are the team I fear him going to the most

I would love for him to go to the Saints or Tampa. He could wreck Rhule for a year and then it's open season if we get a real coach, if not he can help get that fool fired too. 

Watson went 4-12 with the Texans in 2020 while putting up franchise QB numbers. Give it a year anywhere and it will start to fall apart. Huge cap number, wants input into coaching and offensive direction and is seeped in dysfunction...I am only worried if he comes here. 

I would so love to watch our defensive guys tee off on that guy. 

• Pie 2

26 minutes ago, uncfan888 said:

It's going to happen

I dunno man. I think the panthers have a legit shot at this. Also people were commenting that the Bucs have an almost zero feasible way of acquiring him with their cap issues. Like it would be basically deshaun and udfa’s if they were to do this which obviously wouldn’t be appealing to deshaun. 

I think the browns are the wildcard here. Reports that they’re looking into it. They have everything deshaun is supposedly looking for. Good coach, great line, good defense. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

6 minutes ago, TheRumGone said:

I dunno man. I think the panthers have a legit shot at this. Also people were commenting that the Bucs have an almost zero feasible way of acquiring him with their cap issues. Like it would be basically deshaun and udfa’s if they were to do this which obviously wouldn’t be appealing to deshaun. 

I think the browns are the wildcard here. Reports that they’re looking into it. They have everything deshaun is supposedly looking for. Good coach, great line, good defense. 

If he doesn’t want to come here it’s a moot point.  He already has declined to meet us once so it’s not looking good.  

Edited by mrcompletely11

I don't think Pittsburgh is in the mix.  They gave out a statement (attributed to the Rooneys) saying they weren't interested.  

A dark horse team that would make sense would be Indy.  Get the support of all-world RB Jonathan Taylor  and play in a weak division vs the Jags and Texans x2 per year.  

• Beer 1