• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

No more Watson threads. Use this one or one of the other 20 existing ones.

rayzor

I have no doubts the Panthers, well Tepper will give Watson the most lucrative offer. I know the Saints owner says he will blow his mind in a college style recruitment style meeting, but I know Tepper will go beyond that because Tepper is next level and has desperately wanted Watson for over a year. He will do everything to make it impossible for him to say no before the meeting is over. I don't think any other team will go as far as Tepper. Even the Saints. Not to mention we can and will put together a better package than any other team

One last piece of optimism... I get that we all hate Rhule... and want him fired..

But....

The players in that locker room respect him and speak highly of him in public light. It's very well possible he is a good people person, and a bad PR person. If he can win over players while losing, then he can win over Watson in a meeting. Recruiting was his thing in college. 

29 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

As Natalie and Ellis shared... we are in this for the long haul, the only rush we have is landing Watson. Plus we can already plan our FA with the Watson deciison in the air as Person and Newton shared today. 

It's all about who pitches Watson the best at this point.

5 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

anyone can be wooed from the jump. My thing is... what if deshaun is wooed by all teams and opens the flood gates? It is possible to think that he will waive his NTC for muiltiple teams?

I dont see it.  Maybe 2 teams max.  After how his time in Houston ended, I doubt he wants them having any real say in the issue.  I think he's only gonna waive it for one team, so we have to get it right.

10 minutes ago, Proudiddy said:

I wonder if he's committed to visiting all the teams interested, or can he be wooed from the jump?  If so, we need to pull out all the stops and try to do everything in our power to keep him from making the next visit.

I sorta think it dragging helps Carolina. What is Carolina going to do day one of FA that appreciably changes the team's fortunes? Saints have to know pretty quickly what to do with their cap. They can make room for Watson right now, but their path to doing so is pretty narrow, and that might not be true for long.

54 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Houston has a say as well.  I get it's likely us our the Saints, but Houston can get a legit starter in Hurts and a quicker return if the trade partner is Philly.  Simply saying, Philly is likely the Texans' top choice of a trade partner.

Didn't mean to quote you my bad.

Edited by travisura

Food for thought @LinvilleGorge - the Texans probably wont let Watson choose a single team. At that point, if Watson selects one team, then that team can reduce their offer. They would have leverage at that point. 

I think this is a fluid situation, and all parties have an agreed structure to how this will go.

Edited by TheCasillas
  • Pie 1