• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

No more Watson threads. Use this one or one of the other 20 existing ones.

rayzor

Just now, mrcompletely11 said:

Wheres the talent in your opinion?

DJ Moore is a decent #1 WR that any team in the league would love to have. McCaffrey is a stud at RB if he's healthy, and if Carolina wants to move him to save on future cap, they'll get a late first or two seconds for him. Even if he's moved, I think Hubbard is a solid platoon option at RB, whether it's with Abdulla or someone else. Moton is a fixture near-elite RT. Christensen, Tremble, and TMJ have shown enough to believe they are or will shortly be good players. 

Burns (admittedly could be moved) is a good end. He has his issues in the run game, but there are few guys with his type of elite get-off in the pass game. I think Brown is a decent DT with room to grow. Same goes for YGM at end. Shaq is a solid (but overpaid LB). Chinn is good, and a better coaching staff would get more out of him. Enough to be optimistic about with Horn at CB. I still think Henderson can be a player with a full off-season. I think Nixon and Taylor are decent bets to be good contributors too.

There are plenty of foundational pieces. It is not hard to find cheap-ish vets to fill some of the other holes.

4 minutes ago, BlitzMonster said:

I still see the Saints as the leader in the clubhouse.  Too many offensive weapons that Watson would like to work with.   But the Saints would definitely have to take some lumps to make the deal happen.  Probably most of these on defense. 

what offensive weapons? Kamara has yet receive his punishmnet from the NFL for nearly killing a man at the night club super bowl week. Michael Thomas is an absolute nutcase who can't stay healthy. I cant even think of their next best offensive weapon, Andreas Peat maybe? Taysum Hill?

• Pie 1

Just now, PootieNunu said:

Why? would he rape them? since he got charged with rape??

Oh, the change.  That's right.  He it didn't get charged, so it didn't happen, right?  Lol.  Do I think some of the 22 women were gold diggers?  Sure.  Do I think all of them are?  No.  

I bet you were one of the completely outraged fans about "jeans Friday" too.

6 minutes ago, BlitzMonster said:

I still see the Saints as the leader in the clubhouse.  Too many offensive weapons that Watson would like to work with.   But the Saints would definitely have to take some lumps to make the deal happen.  Probably most of these on defense. 

Like who? Their weapons are awful outside of Kamara and a big question mark in Thomas. He excited to throw to Taysom Hill? 

• Pie 2

Just now, TheCasillas said:

what offensive weapons? Kamara has yet receive his punishmnet from the NFL for nearly killing a man at the night club super bowl week. Michael Thomas is an absolute nutcase who can't stay healthy. I cant even think of their next best offensive weapon, Andreas Peat maybe? Taysum Hill?

The biggest thing for me is losing Payton.  As much as their FO has kicked the can, he has really kept the team competitive week in and week out for a long time.

• Pie 2

7 minutes ago, BlitzMonster said:

I kind of think cmc, Moore and Anderson seems > than saints. Maybe I’m missing something? 

1 minute ago, 45catfan said:

Oh, the change.  That's right.  He it didn't get charged, so it didn't happen, right?  Lol.  Do I think some of the 22 women were gold diggers?  Sure.  Do I think all of them are?  No.  

I bet you were one of the completely outraged fans about "jeans Friday" too.

So out of curiosity what team do you plan to cheer for? 

JR was a racist piece of poo. 

Edited by PootieNunu

2 minutes ago, Smittymoose said:

Like who? Their weapons are awful outside of Kamara and a big question mark in Thomas. He excited to throw to Taysom Hill? 

It’s amazing how terrible they were yet finished 9-8 with a 3rd string QB playing most the games. 

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, TheProcess said:

Which is why I said if he drops the NTC for both. If he wants the Saints he want drop it for Panthers

Agreed.  Him and his agent have to know the game being played here.  If he wants a certain team, he won't waive it for 5 different teams.  The Texans will do the best offer for the Texans based on who he will waive his NTC for.

Edited by PNW_PantherMan

4 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

Even with all that they still won nine games and competed for the division while we were the worst. The question is can the new head coach replicate what Payton had.

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

lol

The only stupid thing this franchise has done with pick up the 5th year option?  Holy poo dude you cannot be serious

Dead serious.  But i'm talking about since they changed the management, bringing in Fitterer/Morgan and the cap guru.  I should have made that clear.  Not talking about hiring Rhule or anything Hurney did.  We all can agree the Rhule hire is not working out and Hurney did not draft well and overcompensated certain positions.  I would have moved on from Rhule this year, but I can understand giving him one more year to implement his program.

I think the guys they drafted last year are all solid.  We could end up with 5-6 starters including a shut-down corner and a long term solution at LT in one draft.

They didn't sign any free agents for ridiculous money.  They got something for TB even though he was damaged goods.  They got EJ Henderson, a top 10 talent, for a 3rd.  The Anderson extension looks bad when Sam was QB, but will look much different with a legit OC and Watson throwing the ball.

Jury's still out on most of this.  But again, the only truly damaging miscalculation was the Darnold option.  Move that contract with this deal and we may be ok.