• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

No more Watson threads. Use this one or one of the other 20 existing ones.

rayzor

Just now, USDepartmentOfSavagery said:

Another point I don’t think has been made is that the Panthers have remained interested throughout Watsons entire ordeal. There is something to be said about loyalty and I wonder if Watson considers this. 

Exactly. If he values loyalty at all (which I'm sure he does after this whole ordeal) then we should be his top choice.

5 minutes ago, frankw said:

Even with all that they still won nine games and competed for the division while we were the worst. The question is can the new head coach replicate what Payton had.

I feel good about saying that the HC cannot replicate one of the best HC in the league. Also, as bad as we were we still split with them last year and very well could have won game 2

15 minutes ago, PootieNunu said:

So out of curiosity what team do you plan to cheer for? 

JR was a racist piece of poo. 

Based on what?  What you will find is many articles with variations of the EXACT same occurrence...when JR was under scrutiny it was "said" he made ONE comment about ONE scout and it could have been implied to be racist.   Please, outside that one allegation that was hearsay, provide me with evidence JR was this renounced racist.  I'll wait.

JR was on the outs with the League and it was a power grab, I have no doubt.  Yes, he sold on "his own terms" but he was being forced out.  I have not doubt his tenure with the Panthers was coming to it's natural end, but I also have ZERO doubt in my mind if he had the choice, REAL CHOICE...to sale the Panthers on his own terms, David Tepper would have been at the BOTTOM of his list.

Edited by 45catfan

11 minutes ago, frankw said:

Even with all that they still won nine games and competed for the division while we were the worst. The question is can the new head coach replicate what Payton had.

all that is a problem for a franchise with no money for 2022 and 2023... We can't say all that like that isnt a problem for a franchise. Saints are on a downward slope.

and I am sure we can both agree not having Payton is only going to pile on. 

Edited by TheCasillas

4 minutes ago, grimesgoat said:

Dead serious.  But i'm talking about since they changed the management, bringing in Fitterer/Morgan and the cap guru.  I should have made that clear.  Not talking about hiring Rhule or anything Hurney did.  We all can agree the Rhule hire is not working out and Hurney did not draft well and overcompensated certain positions.  I would have moved on from Rhule this year, but I can understand giving him one more year to implement his program.

I think the guys they drafted last year are all solid.  We could end up with 5-6 starters including a shut-down corner and a long term solution at LT in one draft.

They didn't sign any free agents for ridiculous money.  They got something for TB even though he was damaged goods.  They got EJ Henderson, a top 10 talent, for a 3rd.  The Anderson extension looks bad when Sam was QB, but will look much different with a legit OC and Watson throwing the ball.

Jury's still out on most of this.  But again, the only truly damaging miscalculation was the Darnold option.  Move that contract with this deal and we may be ok.

Rhule had total control in year one and last year. The cap guru was hired 2 weeks after Rhule was hired. Hurney’s last decision was Shaq’s contract before Rhule was hired. The cap guru was here for Teddy, CMC, Boston, Okung,KK, Weatherly, Roberts, and all of the first year mistakes. Plus Robby’s awful extension, Erving, Henderson hasn’t done a thing yet, Elflein, on top of the Darnold option.  Teams don’t get in the position this team is in because they make a lot of good decisions. Results just say the opposite of the sunny scenario you always present. And giving a backup TE 5.5M/yr doesn’t seem to say they learned anything. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1

1 minute ago, Pantherzilla91 said:

What boggles my mind is that we literally just watched a team trade multiple 1st round picks for a QB and go on to win the Super Bowl yet some of these bozo fans want to "build through the draft" which could take YEARS and even then is no guarantee

Except one of those teams has been a SB contender for 4-5 seasons and the other one is the Carolina Panthers.

• Pie 1

5 minutes ago, 45catfan said:

Based on what?  What you will find is many variations of the EXACT same thing...when JR was under scrutiny it was "said" he made ONE comment about ONE scout and it could have been implied to be racist.   Please, outside that one allegation that was hearsay, provide me with evidence JR was this renounced racist.  I'll wait.

JR was on the outs with the League and it was a power grab, I have no doubt.  Yes, he sold on "his own terms" but he was being forced out.  I have not doubt his tenure with the Panthers was coming to it's natural end, but I also have ZERO doubt in my mind if he had the choice to sale the Panthers on his own terms, David Tepper would have been at the BOTTOM of his list.

Based on him settling for a substantial monetary amount for him using a racial slur against a scout. Also being referred to as just Mister. 

https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/12/17/jerry-richardson-carolina-panthers-settlements-workplace-misconduct-sexual-harassment-racial-slur

I guess you like JR and the orange man. 

Edited by PootieNunu