• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

No more Watson threads. Use this one or one of the other 20 existing ones.

rayzor

4 minutes ago, Shocker said:

You know what I like about this Watson thread?  It allows me to see all the trolls in a their natural habitat without going through 20 meaningless topics that just repeat themselves 

Haha great for the ignore button. A bunch of these new accounts will probably become inactive if the trade doesn't go through anyway

2 hours ago, ellis said:

I was thinking the same thing a couple of weeks ago, but started coming to the realization that this was a conversation that would probably be broached, at the very least, by Houston. 

Again, no confirmation from my end that both will be packaged in an offer together. 

Oh man, if New Orleans is in the lead in the final hours, it would feel like a Tep move to simply overextend and fork out more just to win the trade. 

What would be more upsetting

if we landed Watson by trading Burns and Chinn or if the Saints trade for Deshaun? 

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, ellis said:

I was thinking the same thing a couple of weeks ago, but started coming to the realization that this was a conversation that would probably be broached, at the very least, by Houston. 

Again, no confirmation from my end that both will be packaged in an offer together. 

Oh man, if New Orleans is in the lead in the final hours, it would feel like a Tep move to simply overextend and fork out more just to win the trade. 

"Three 1st round picks not good enough?  Well what about FOUR 1st round picks."

"I'm a finance genius, trust me"

3 hours ago, Toomers said:

Rhule had total control in year one and last year. The cap guru was hired 2 weeks after Rhule was hired. Hurney’s last decision was Shaq’s contract before Rhule was hired. The cap guru was here for Teddy, CMC, Boston, Okung,KK, Weatherly, Roberts, and all of the first year mistakes. Plus Robby’s awful extension, Erving, Henderson hasn’t done a thing yet, Elflein, on top of the Darnold option.  Teams don’t get in the position this team is in because they make a lot of good decisions. Results just say the opposite of the sunny scenario you always present. And giving a backup TE 5.5M/yr doesn’t seem to say they learned anything. 

It's one thing to say Rhule has total control, but how his desires are carried out makes all the difference.  It's about creativity and getting the right price.  Hurney was terrible at this, but Fitterer has demonstrated some talent in this regard.

Recall, Fitterer came along in January 2021.  This was after Teddy, CMC's extension, the Boston signing, the Okung trade, the KK contract change, and the Weatherly signing.  I don't know who Roberts is.

We don't know about Robby yet.  He's still got two years left, although he is certainly off to a disappointing start.  I didn't like it, but he was coming off a 1,000 yard season, so i can see the logic.  They may have had some concerns about DJ costing too much going forward so they wanted to lock Anderson up and get Marshall in as well.  We'll see.

Erving and Elflein were decent signings.  I don't see those as much of an overpay.  You can't find vet FA guards for much less, and they are flexible.  Had Sewell dropped one more spot, the line would have looked much different.  I also think our OL coach and OC were terrible, which hurt the line play overall.  They needed to be replaced.  We'll see how they do this year with hopefully better coaching.

I liked the Thomas re-sign.  A guy with experience with his teammates and coaches that has shown some positive flashes in a non-TE focused offense.  Let's see what he can do when the TEs are actually used as receivers in a real NFL offense.  I think we'll find his contract is about where it should be. Not sure there were viable TE options available in FA this year.  Plus we don't burn a comp pick signing someone else that might be slightly better or burn our 4th rounder on a rookie that will not be able to contribute anything for a year or two.

• Pie 3

4 minutes ago, TheSpecialJuan said:

What would be more upsetting

if we landed Watson by trading Burns and Chinn or if the Saints trade for Deshaun? 

In an ideal world, Watson basically did nothing too fuged up to these ladies, he gets to talk to Tepper and tells him if Rhule can't get his poo together he gets input on the next HC for 2023 and we can sign some decent FA's next year to take over the division. Worst case scenario Saints get Watson, we draft Kenny Pickett and we basically all stop watching Panthers games  for a few years. I think Tepper is losing patience and going ham behind the scenes

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, 45catfan said:

So we get one good year out of him before he bolts in FA.  Great!  Y'all make it look like dude actually wants to be here and will be a Panther for life.  Report after report shows we are WAY down his list.  You think three years in this carnival is going to change his mind and actually want to re-sign here when he can test the open FA market????  Homerism meets man-crush at it's finest.  His choices and market are limited right now.  In three more seasons that dynamic changes drastically especially after his legal troubles die down over time.

We could draft 3 qbs in successive years and they could all suck.