• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

No more Watson threads. Use this one or one of the other 20 existing ones.

rayzor

2 minutes ago, MVPccaffrey said:

i honestly think Saints are in it to goad Tepper into giving up even more picks and players as an easy way to harm our franchise further

I think the Taints are in it because they know if Carolina gets Watson they are going to get beat twice a year for a decade.

1 minute ago, Louie said:

I think the Taints are in it because they know if Carolina gets Watson they are going to get beat twice a year for a decade.

He couldn't do that against the Jags and Colts or Titans, and the 'Aints wouldn't have three years of 1sts and they'd be moving key defensive players, but sure

Edited by MVPccaffrey

1 minute ago, TheCasillas said:

you can argue that all you want, but the stats wont support your argument. Nico had twice the amount of production with 1/3 of the game time TMJ had. Conley is a vet now and who is becoming an established deep threat. TMJ means nothing to the Texans.

Football teams need more than one or two receivers. Also, I don’t think a rookie year playing behind DJ and Robby with Darnold as his QB really hurts his stock in the eyes of evaluators…at least, not as much as in the eyes of overreactive fans.

1 minute ago, La Pantera said:

So a player who should've been droy, at a position we've had crap at for nearly 20 years, with draft picks we don't have.

We have to give up one of the guys at least if we are serious about getting him.

They arent going to trade away their best player for scrubs. 

3 minutes ago, Smittymoose said:

No, I don't. It's a much longer-term move than Stafford or Brady. Watson is 26 years old. He's probably got 10 really good, elite or near-elite level years left. 

Are you really holding it against Watson that he didn't win a Super Bowl at age 23-24 with good rosters? It's not as if the Texans were bad those years. They were contenders. Aaron Rodgers has been the best QB in the NFL or close to it for 15 years and has one Super Bowl to show for it. Only one guy can win it every year. 

Correct, one QB with a competent staff and solid supporting cast around him.  Watson would have neither here.  You are seemingly willing to wait for the Panthers to build around Watson, so why not wait for us to draft a guy next year?  My only rationale is you feel that Watson has this well of untapped potential or either a die-hard Clemson fan.

I've stated my case against the Watson trade and my points are numerous.  Your point is the belief he will turn this organization around...seemingly almost by his presence alone.

12 minutes ago, Smittymoose said:

No, I don't. It's a much longer-term move than Stafford or Brady. Watson is 26 years old. He's probably got 10 really good, elite or near-elite level years left. 

I agree but where is Watson under contract for 10 years?  Don't you think the Houston Texans thought they were going to have their QB for the next 10+ years when they drafted Watson?

That's the only thing for me.  What if things sour with our front office/management after 3-5 years?

Edited by PNW_PantherMan

8 minutes ago, Smittymoose said:

I don't think Bridgewater was a product of impatience. That move made plenty of sense at the time. He just didn't work out. And I fail to see how one bad trade for Darnold is proof that urgency never pays off. Bucs weren't "patient" with Winston. They went out and got Brady. Chiefs weren't "patient" with Alex Smith. They went out and got a QB they thought could be an upgrade when they didn't necessarily need one. The Broncos weren't "patient" with The Golden Calf of Bristol. They went and got Manning and won a Super Bowl. 

Hold up.  Signing teddy made sense to you at the time?  Sweet christ kid log off for the night.  

• Flames 1

3 minutes ago, Julio said:

Football teams need more than one or two receivers. Also, I don’t think a rookie year playing behind DJ and Robby with Darnold as his QB really hurts his stock in the eyes of evaluators…at least, not as much as in the eyes of overreactive fans.

uhh who did the texans have at QB last year? lol....