• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

No more Watson threads. Use this one or one of the other 20 existing ones.

rayzor

1 minute ago, Panthercougar68 said:

Why would they trade their star right tackle because they are about to lose their star left tackle in FA lol

and their center. Im trying to understand why Watson would want to go there after all of those options offered. They would have to build an oline from scratch... deplete their dline... still be broke.

Just now, holderoftruth said:

Sounds like this is going to come down to if Watson says Yes to Carolina. If so, our offer is the best and it’s a done deal.

Would love to be a fly on the wall in the Watson/Carolina meeting that will happen soon….

Tepper is going to give Watson stake in the team, haha. Also, most likely hand him a hedge, and buy him a business he can have for when he retires.

3 minutes ago, pantherj said:

Michael Thomas is washed, and we're offering the better deal.

Thomas/Kamara vs Moore/CMC is almost a wash depending on injuries. Saints new HC was a failure and Rhule obviously sucks so who knows. Saints were better overall but they might not be roster wise in like a week. Brainfug

4 minutes ago, *FreeFua* said:

Houston isn’t having him sit another year. They’ll get a great package from the Saints.

Will it be as good as the one we offered? No. But it will still be really good

They may throw in more players to help get the cap right. Going to have to restructure and cut anyway.

Just now, Panthercougar68 said:

Could it be we are making the saints panic? 

My thoughts are that the offer has already been submitted by the Saints. They heard things were going well for us, and then hit up Aaron Wilson with an email and called it "source info" to leak out there that they would offer even more. Aaron Wilson is the only reporting on this, so I'd assume he was the contact point.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Just now, TheCasillas said:

My thoughts are that the offer has already been submitted by the Saints. They heard things were going well for us, and then hit up Aaron Wilson with an email and called it "source info" to leak out there that they would offer even more. Aaron Wilson is the only reporting on this, so I'd assume he was the contact point.

I agree. He’s doing the Saints bidding to potentially squeeze more out of us. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1