• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Panthers have a lot of leaks coming from our staff

WarPanthers89

Just like last year with SF, everybody thought they were taking Jones or Fields with the #3 pick. They then admitted it was perfect letting the speculation take over from what they wanted. Same thing here. I believe it's a smoke screen and we are not taking Watson. The quieter they are and the more people put out about us getting Watson makes me believe that it's not happening. The Eagles are the only team that can afford it and I wouldn't doubt it we then traded for Jalen Hurts (as he won't stay there with Watson).

3 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

Going out on a limb here--are they trying to discourage other teams or send Watson a message by telling the league they are willing to overpay?  I am trying to make it all make sense.

I was wondering the strategy also. All of these leaks help our position none. We all know IF we landed Watson we are going have a headline mega trade that will be a kings ransom 

3 minutes ago, musicman said:

Just like last year with SF, everybody thought they were taking Jones or Fields with the #3 pick. They then admitted it was perfect letting the speculation take over from what they wanted. Same thing here. I believe it's a smoke screen and we are not taking Watson. The quieter they are and the more people put out about us getting Watson makes me believe that it's not happening. The Eagles are the only team that can afford it and I wouldn't doubt it we then traded for Jalen Hurts (as he won't stay there with Watson).

Idk it was well known that we wanted to give up a ton last year for Stafford. We know Tepper is desperate to find a QB hence us having three straight years of having a new starting QB and still not having an answer. If we were willing to give all that up for Stanford I have little doubt we would pay much more for someone like Watson. Does not seem like a smoke screen to me

Edited by WarPanthers89

3 minutes ago, musicman said:

Yep. Some people staked their credibility on that report. 

• Beer 1

14 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

Going out on a limb here--are they trying to discourage other teams or send Watson a message by telling the league they are willing to overpay?  I am trying to make it all make sense.

Hubris from a certain owner. 

• Pie 3

11 minutes ago, musicman said:

Tepper is desperate for a QB. He knows this fanbase is desperate for a QB. He's not letting these rumors run rampant just to jerk the football out from underneath Charlie Brown and face the backlash from an already very pissed off fanbase. 

missed-kick-kick.gif

It's different from the previous regime because some of the things getting out make our front office sound like they can just buy or trade their way out of anything. Does not sound like lessons have been learned since the Bridgewater and Darnold fiasco.

• Pie 2

6 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Tepper is desperate for a QB. He knows this fanbase is desperate for a QB. He's not letting these rumors run rampant just to jerk the football out from underneath Charlie Brown and face the backlash from an already very pissed off fanbase. 

missed-kick-kick.gif

Drafting a QB usually gets the fan base excited too and it’s cost way less and makes perfect sense for the state of our franchise…

I imagine a trade call with Fitterer, Rhule and Houston going like this:

Texans: So, what are you giving us? 
Rhule: We'll go 3 first-rounders, 2 second-rounders, McCaffrey, Burns and Chinn
Texans (snickering): Well, *brief pause*
Fitterer: Fine. Four first-rounders, 3 second-rounders, McCaffrey, Burns, Chinn and Moore?
Texans (floored, barely stifling laughter): I mean...are you...
Rhule: FINE. FIVE FIRST-ROUNDERS, SIX SECOND-ROUNDERS, SEVEN THIRD-ROUNDERS, EIGHT FOURTH-ROUNDERS, MCCAFFREY, BURNS, CHINN, MOORE AND MOTON. Are we even getting close?
Texans: Alright, you talked us into it.
Tepper: Mission Accomplished

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 3

3 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

outside of this whole watson thing, what else has been leaked? Seems like the Watson sitiuation has been the main peice of inside information. However, the Dolphins were just as loud during their chase for Watson. 

Many if you go back and really think about it even starting with Cam Newton in Rhule first season. Last year we knew about the staff and Teddy not getting along throughout the season. This off-season has been very active so far with leaks and we haven’t even really started. We know almost every player is available to be traded, the staff has jumped ship with many taking the same role on other teams, Anderson trade talks with the patriots, Tepper and his willingness to give the farm for Watson, exact trade compensation request for cmc, differences in opinions between Rhule and Fitt on Christensen at the end of the season and his ability to play LT, etc 

• Pie 1

4 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

I imagine a trade call with Fitterer, Rhule and Houston going like this:

Texans: So, what are you giving us? 
Rhule: We'll go 3 first-rounders, 2 second-rounders, McCaffrey, Burns and Chinn
Texans (snickering): Well, *brief pause*
Fitterer: Fine. Four first-rounders, 3 second-rounders, McCaffrey, Burns, Chinn and Moore?
Texans (floored, barely stifling laughter): I mean...are you...
Rhule: FINE. FIVE FIRST-ROUNDERS, SIX SECOND-ROUNDERS, SEVEN THIRD-ROUNDERS, EIGHT FOURTH-ROUNDERS, MCCAFFREY, BURNS, CHINN, MOORE AND MOTON. Are we even getting close?
Texans: Alright, you talked us into it.
Tepper: Mission Accomplished

I just threw up.  Thanks 😄

• Beer 1