• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Watson Thread - Part Deux

Zod

2 minutes ago, Zaximus said:

What a huge fail if Tepper loses this to the Saints.  Not like he had a chance anyway but definitely will cement Rhule into failing too.   There will be pretty much zero excitement for the team heading into next season. 

At some point he has to realize what a poo show his franchise has become due to his own numerous blunders right? The one thing that really hits a narcissist is rejection. I’m thinking he isn’t gonna take this rejection well at all.

• Pie 1

Seems rumors are he's going to New Orleans? What a turn. This is what Tepper deserves after forcing us to live with Rhule. Nobody thinks he's competent but Tepper.

I'm surprised NO has the assets for the trade but somehow they always make things work.

1 minute ago, mav1234 said:

Seems rumors are he's going to New Orleans? What a turn. This is what Tepper deserves after forcing us to live with Rhule. Nobody thinks he's competent but Tepper.

I'm surprised NO has the assets for the trade but somehow they always make things work.

They’re $2m over the cap at the moment with a whooping $500k under the projected cap for next year. Let that sink in before we start declaring him in New Orleans lol

14 minutes ago, Doc Holiday said:

They’re $2m over the cap at the moment with a whooping $500k under the projected cap for next year. Let that sink in before we start declaring him in New Orleans lol

We've said before there's no way they afford to sign X player. This situation is more complex, but if any team can, it's them.

18 minutes ago, Doc Holiday said:

If they give up enough big contract players on deal it will offset.  Why the Texans would want those contracts and vets over our young players I have no idea 

51 minutes ago, FugginPoo said:

If they give up enough big contract players on deal it will offset.  Why the Texans would want those contracts and vets over our young players I have no idea 

On Moving the Chains on SiriusXM yesterday, the hosts were saying that NO had no way to bring in DW because all their high price guys were already restructured and getting rid of them would simply accelerate their cap hit and make it worse. That it wasn’t possible. Who knows at this point…

24 minutes ago, OriginalPD said:

On Moving the Chains on SiriusXM yesterday, the hosts were saying that NO had no way to bring in DW because all their high price guys were already restructured and getting rid of them would simply accelerate their cap hit and make it worse. That it wasn’t possible. Who knows at this point…

This right here. I keep seeing that they are the front runners but as of right now the only meaningful contract they can do anything with is Bradley Roby which could save then $9m but that still doesn’t fix anything because they would have to clear out at a minimum $24m and I just don’t see them doing that. 

they would also need to clear out another $40m for next season and they only have between $100k and $500k available based on that.

I think the reason Sean Payton retired was because he knew the ship was about to sink and there was no saving it for 2 years. 2024 is when they’re cap issues will clear up.  Not today.

p.s. I’m split on Watson, I’m actually good either way we go. So I’m not someone just posting because I hope he lands here. I honestly just don’t see how New Orleans and Atlanta can pretend they can.

Edited by Doc Holiday
  • Pie 1
  • Beer 2

This is an all-time disaster if the Panthers get cucked by the Saints on this, who only got involved to make sure they didn’t have to play Watson 20 times over the next 10 years. 

It gets exponentially harder for New Orleans if this doesn’t go down by 4 PM today, so we’ll probably know for sure whether it’s them by then.