• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Watson Thread - Part Deux

Zod

9 minutes ago, MillionDollarCam said:

And Houston can choose to keep him.

His contract isn’t up until 2026, Houston can make him pretty miserable if they don’t get what they want.

What is the saying about cutting off your nose to spite your face.  

Houston could try holding to him, but you have a massive salary cap hit not playing.  A pissed off player in locker room.  Watson keeps sitting his trade value isn't increasing.   Take what you can get with Watson okaying trade and improve your team.  

51 minutes ago, GoobyPls said:

Not it’s not, Florio even reported a while back the Texans would have agreed to trade him to Carolina last season, but Watson declined it. 

Yes. Last season. Before he was cleared of criminal charges. 

So what if Houston wants the Carolina trade but Watson prefers playing for New Orleans--how much leverage will Houston have and use?  Are they going to take less to placate Watson?  I think they play hardball with Watson like they have so far--if they have been unwilling to negotiate down, why would they now?

Edited by MHS831
  • Pie 3

Just now, MHS831 said:

So what if Houston wants the Carolina trade but Watkins prefers playing for New Orleans--how much leverage will Houston have and use?  Are they going to take less to placate Watkins?  I think they play hardball with Watkins like they have so far--if they have been unwilling to negotiate down, why would they now?

Who’s this Watkins you speak of?

• Pie 1

Just now, MHS831 said:

So what if Houston wants the Carolina trade but Watkins prefers playing for New Orleans--how much leverage will Houston have and use?  Are they going to take less to placate Watkins?  I think they play hardball with Watkins like they have so far--if they have been unwilling to negotiate down, why would they now?

what does Sammy Watkins have to do with anything?

• Pie 2

I will be honest--If DW does not want Carolina, we should not want him.  Take the hint and start building the OLine and Dline,  Let's see what Darnold does with protection--he has never really had it---and let's move on.  Not quitting, but I am not worrying about it...we do not want to trade a king's ransom for an unhappy camper.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1
  • Flames 2

Yea I’m at the point where I put a deadline down. You have our offer and it’s on the table until midnight tomorrow. Dragging this out just makes us look worse and worse as time goes on as we’re the only one that has been in it for a year without an acceptance. 

• Pie 2