• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Watson Thread - Part Deux

Zod

4 minutes ago, Mage said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hn_q_qK5jac

Remember when Watson went toe-to-toe with Brees and the Saints?  When's the last time we saw a QB put up that kind of performance vs the Saints?  2015 Cam?  

Ya'll think we can just easily find a QB who can make a play like Watson did on that final touchdown?  Taking a blind-side hit, pocket collapsing in front of him (this is for those who think our OL would hold Watson back), throws an absolute dime that is what, 30 yards downfield?  Watson makes throws on a regular basis that are better than any throws we've seen from a Panthers QB since Cam's MVP season.

I promised myself that I wouldnt watch any hype videos until after the trade. damn you.

6 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

I dont get this vibe that the browns can offer a better deal than us nor that they are championship ready.

1. They have the 13th pick

2. They dont have any young trade assets that would beat Brian Burns as a solo offering

3. They have less cap than us (next year too)

4. Stefanski has been called out to be a poo coach behind the scenes

Why do people keep talking about who can offer the better package?

It DOESN’T matter. It is up to Watson. He doesn’t give a single f*ck who offers the best package. Heck he may even pick the team who offers the worst package to stick it to Houston 

Just now, CRA said:

He destroyed the Gameocks on a torn ACL.  Not even repaired yet. 

ACL injury isn’t a big deal IMO for a QB. 

Yeah. I’m a gamecock. I was at that game. Noon kickoff in Death Valley.

I’ll never forget it even though I don’t remember a thing from that weekend lol

• Pie 1

1 minute ago, *FreeFua* said:

Why do people keep talking about who can offer the better package?

It DOESN’T matter. It is up to Watson. He doesn’t give a single f*ck who offers the best package. Heck he may even pick the team who offers the worst package to stick it to Houston 

Houston still doesn't have to trade him. It is a give and take scenario. Both Houston and Watson have to agree on the trade. Both sides have motivation in getting a deal done, but Houston is not going to give Watson up for nothing, nor take a much worse deal when Carolina might be offering way more.

33 minutes ago, Mage said:

Man some people really have forgotten how good Watson is.

Love Cam

Panthers have NEVER had a QB who can make throws like that consistently

Cam to Olsen against Seattle was prettier and so was Cam against Atlanta one time where the ball had smoke coming off the back of it and the defenders didn't see anything but a blip.

Edited by rippadonn

Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) Tweeted:
The Falcons have emerged as a sleeper team to acquire Texans quarterback Deshaun Watson, league sources tell @mortreport and me. The Falcons join the Panthers, Saints and Browns as teams that have met with, or are interested in, trading for Watson. More to come on ESPN.

Edited by Kentucky Panther

Just now, travisura said:

FUG

Leverage play. This is good news for Carolina actually acquiring him in my opinion. Shows the Texans know it will be Carolina in the end and are squeezing value out of the deal. No coincidence they are dragging NFCS teams into it. The cap hit to move Ryan right now would be enormous. He has already restructured this offseason.