• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Baker Mayfield

hepcat

43 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

That's fair but I'd rather draft Howell on a rookie contract than move on Mayfield.

Agreed.  I'd rather take a swing at a rookie that's an unknown, than commit a bunch of money (and picks for a trade?) to a guy we know isn't good enough to be the dude in this league.  Rookie is almost a free shot minus the draft choice spent.

• Pie 1

If we're going Mayfield, then you might as well just draft Sam Howell. I really think Sam Howell is being severely underrated in this draft. I have seen games since he freshman year that he would lead comeback drives or at minimum put his team in a position to win the game (ex. see FSU 2020 RB clear dropped a 4th down pass). Keeping it 100, he was the reason UNC was not total poo this year, without him, they get 3 wins at best. I say trade down, forget Pickett, draft Howell and use extra picks to get some linemen. 

1 minute ago, ENCPantherfan2 said:

If we're going Mayfield, then you might as well just draft Sam Howell. I really think Sam Howell is being severely underrated in this draft. I have seen games since he freshman year that he would lead comeback drives or at minimum put his team in a position to win the game (ex. see FSU 2020 RB clear dropped a 4th down pass). Keeping it 100, he was the reason UNC was not total poo this year, without him, they get 3 wins at best. I say trade down, forget Pickett, draft Howell and use extra picks to get some linemen. 

Where do you draft Howell and with what draft pick? He's not worth #6 overall and he'll be gone by pick #106 most likely. 

• Pie 1

...Mayfield has the tools and the talent to be really good in the right system... this might be a wakeup call for him to rededicate himself...no more ***** commercials and more film room.... he could be another Jake or Brees... or, turn into another squirrel QB...

5 minutes ago, Shocker said:

General rule…if the Browns don’t want him I don’t want him

...yea...but we'll take 2 players from an even shtttier team and make them the two highest players on the roster... Mayfield is a gamble but want to see how he bounces back after his injury...he has heart.

1 hour ago, thefuzz said:

Will command too much for us to take a look under the hood.

Can be a good player in the right scheme....I would like to see how he could do in a Payton/Brees system.

My guess would be really good.

That's actually a good point. Baker would probably do really well in NO if Payton was still coaching the team. I think he can be a viable starter for some team in the NFL. We had a bad offense last year. I don't think too many QB's would have thrived in Carolina in 2021. Having a new OC, new OC coach, and new lineman is going to make us better. Any QB we put behind center is going to be better than the QB play from last season.

2 hours ago, hepcat said:

Like I said, I glad that you know All of the facts to to feel just in your statement.