• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Watson Watch Day 4 - The Finale

Zod

4 minutes ago, Smittymoose said:

He's doing it because the Texans lied to him. If you had a little perspective, then you'd understand the backstory.

The "hurr durr Watson asking out and is a sex predator" crowd is so tiring

I've followed it from the get go and was completely for trading the farm for him before the allegations came out. Don't sit here and act like our organization is some bastion of honesty, you and I both know its a complete poo show and has been for years. Try having "a little perspective".

2 minutes ago, Coheed said:

Even removing the ethics from the equation, I just can't get behind trading the farm for a dude who 

1. Doesn't want to be here

2. Has already shown he has no problem forcing his way off a team

3. Will in all likelihood be a 3 year rental

Imagine us trading the farm and him leaving for ATL in 3 years. I could absolutely see it.

How do you know he doesn't want to be here would he have met w us....wouldn't he have vetoed us already

Or are you just in the land of make believe

5 minutes ago, Coheed said:

Even removing the ethics from the equation, I just can't get behind trading the farm for a dude who 

1. Doesn't want to be here

2. Has already shown he has no problem forcing his way off a team

3. Will in all likelihood be a 3 year rental

Imagine us trading the farm and him leaving for ATL in 3 years. I could absolutely see it.

yep, adding Watson is risky for so many reasons.  Considering the cost. 

QBs left and right sign deals now and turn around and demand out.  That trend will keep growing.  Makes it harder and harder to give up 3 and 4 1st round picks for one....unless you are going to insert him into a Super Bowl ready roster for an immeidate run/window.  Which we aren't that team. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

Not sure where to put this but just realized, after seeing the Panthers last season, seeing how Cam was absolutely railroaded and thrown under the bus publicly by the disheveled college coach we have for a head coach, it’s no wonder Watson lumped Carolina into the same category as the Browns and said hell no.

Actions have consequences 

I don’t care if we are Deshaun’s or anyone else’s “favorite” or not. It’s business. He just has to be willing to come. No one drafted and most times free agency get to go to their favorite team. Just a team available they are willing to go to. I’m sure Cam’s favorite team would’ve been Atlanta too, but it doesn’t work like that.

For those who think we’d give up too much to get him, that’s laughable. If you don’t want him because of his problems, cool. But there is a reason most teams are willing to pay that price for a Top 5 QB talent. It’s definitely worth it. We’re worried about losing talented guys at other positions and picks when the QB position is the only one that literally covers over shortcomings other areas. Joe Burrow covers over the fact the OL sucked in Cincy. The mistake people make is thinking that the QB will cover over incompetence in the front office. It will not. You need that competence to improve the shortcomings WHILE you have the top guy. That’s where Houston sucked. A known Top 5 entity at 26 years old at the QB position in football is about the biggest no-brainer there is. We’ll waste five picks trying to find a guy who isn’t that. And the players we lose would be replaced in the draft or in FA with guys who want to play for a Top 5 QB who gives them a chance to win.

Our problem is we have yet to get past the lack of competence in our front office. We’ve let inept hires hire more inept hires and we’ve layered our suckitude. Even if we feel building a team is better, you have to trust the folks you put in charge of that. 

• Pie 1

23 minutes ago, hepcat said:

For the people in the back!

Watson is waiting on Atlanta to see if they can trade Matt Ryan somewhere. Probably to the Colts. 

If Atlanta is out, Panthers DO stand a chance if it’s just them and the Saints. Might be a bidding war. Best case scenario if they don’t land Watson is the Saints end up having to pay more for him. 

If he doesn’t want to come here then what’s the point?

Just now, PanthersGOATFan336 said:

How do you know he doesn't want to be here would he have met w us....wouldn't he have vetoed us already

Or are you just in the land of make believe

We are literally the only team whos had an offer on the table, been interested from the get go, and hasn't had to make any roster/cap moves to accommodate him. Beyond that- he actually REACHED OUT to ATL after meeting with us, a divisional rival and his childhood team growing up. If he wanted to be here the decision would've been made days ago. He's hedging his bets and we're his last resort. I think that much is pretty obvious

There are some people in this thread (all four parts of it) who probably, in school, found out they weren't someone's absolute best friend then punched that person in the face and started yelling 'why do you hate me?!?!'.

Christ guys. 

Edited by mwright350
  • Pie 1