• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Watson Watch Day 4 - The Finale

Zod

15 minutes ago, BurnNChinn said:

Well Saints are back in lol. Drama continues 

Y'all understand these moves were/are going to happen for New Orleans with or without Watson, right? You think they were just going to sit around this off-season when they could kick this money down the road, like they do literally every season? 

Geez.

• Beer 1

6 minutes ago, Smithers said:

Of course they have - but in reality that is barely enough to sign Armstead.  And puts them at -30 M heading into 2023 with only 30 players under contract.  Their time is running out.  They got lucky this year with the massive cap increase coming out of an awful cap during COVID.  Next year's cap increase won't even be close to enough to eat up all this bonuses they are pushing down the road. 

The sad thing is I don't think players really look at it like we do. They just see," Oh, it's the Saints!!! WhoDat!!! They won a superbowl! Look at Michael Thomas and Kamara!!!!"" If I want to win I need to chose a winner." While, in reality, they won the superbowl in 2009 (13 years ago), Payton retired, Michael Thomas hasn't really played in 2 years and isn't as good, and Kamara will probably be suspended. All of that PLUS how can they possibly sign Armsted, Fuller, and take on Watson's contract? What about next year's cap? What about all the picks they just gave up? How can the Saints possibly be a good destination in their current state? I just don't see it. But, Watson will probably chose them because, Oh look we are Saints!!! Screw them Saints!!!!!!!!!!

1 hour ago, MVPccaffrey said:

Tepper can add the NFC South Watson Recruitment 3rd place bronze medal right next to the brass balls on his desk

I heard if we don’t get Watson, we are in discussions with Tony Starks Power of attorney (same one as Britney Spears) for access to the machine that made Captain America, to actually turn Sam Darnold into Syndrome, allowing us to once again, run the South. 

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, Growl said:

my conspiracy theory is that we were the leverage team all along

hes shown complete disinterest in coming here every time we’ve made a pursuit, we simply aren’t a big enough market with a thriving enough night life and enough ESPN street cred for his tastes

but we’re offering more than anyone else, so the Texans asked Deshaun to at least just meet with us to help set the bar for a trade, and that he didn’t have to pick us 

watson, trying to leave on amicable terms, said sure. 

I think it's less about that and more about we are a disaster of a team right now. The Lions and Browns have more of their poo together than us. 

16 minutes ago, stbugs said:

I honestly don’t get what Atlanta is thinking outside of getting butts in the seats. Yes, he’s a hometown guy but the cost would cripple them and unlike us, they have had QB stats. Ryan isn’t Brady but he’s put up as good numbers as Watson has. Watson may be better than Ryan going forward but he hasn’t been better enough than Ryan the past 5 years to offset the picks/player cost.

NO and us clearly need QB upgrades to get back to the Brees and healthy Newton led results, but Atlanta would be  improving a little to gut the rest of their team. 

But I'm told he's a franchise QB. Top 5 in the league. Would lead us to greatness.

Why is it ok for the Panthers to gut their team to acquire him, but it's questionable for the Falcons to do so? Ryan will retire very soon, so that's not really an argument. 

• Pie 1