• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Watson Watch Day 4 - The Finale

Zod

7 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

He wins 7 games next year and then what?

Guess it would depend on how the 7-10 season actually played out.  If it played out how a Matt Rhule season generally has? Early wins.  Teams sucking in the 2nd half of games and the 2nd half of the season? Pulling off 1 home win after September?  Same trends for a 3rd straight season?  Matt Rhule being Matt Rhule all season.  You fire Matt Rhule.   

and I would hope the next HC would throw Baker, Sam and PJ all in the hypthetical dumpster.  Draft a QB.  Bring in a very experienced and past their prime QB to aid him the draft pick. 

If David Tepper truly refuses to lose...then this is his shot to prove it.  I 100% think he can put an offer on the table that Watson and the Texans cannot say no to.  Question is - is he bold enough to do it?  Money talks.  Offer to make Watson the highest paid QB in the NFL if you think that is what it will take.  

I saw Sheena talk about Watson’s agent, then commented that Heward has him as an agent too. She was replying to someone say Pitts and another guy have him as an agent as well. She just said like two days ago guys having the same agent means nothing. I remember bc she commented on Verges twitter after Verge said Horn it woods have the same agent as Watson. This is all strange to me

3 minutes ago, TheCasillas said:

If Baker came to us for cheap, say a 4th rounder. Id be willing to take that risk. We would just have to find a way to get Sam off of the roster. 

That’s our 2nd highest pick! (Joking kind of) Also I think his contract is up this year and we might get stuck in a Vikings Cousins situation… 

Baker on a struggling team with Matt Rhule as HC would drive the goody powder sales in the carolinas through the roof. He's a walking headache if things aren't going well and i don't expect them to with rhule still calling the shots

1 minute ago, Smithers said:

If David Tepper truly refuses to lose...then this is his shot to prove it.  I 100% think he can put an offer on the table that Watson and the Texans cannot say no to.  Question is - is he bold enough to do it?  Money talks.  Offer to make Watson the highest paid QB in the NFL if you think that is what it will take.  

He already has.. Its been widely reported the best offer is being sent by the Panthers... Houston wants our offer..

DW is the one holding up everything... 

And again when he called the Falcons it was clear winning and going to a good roster wasn't his choice..

• Pie 1

Just now, The Lobo said:

I’ve been gone for a while, have I missed anything 

Nothing has changed. Watson is waiting for Atlanta to figure out if they can make it work. Matt Ryan definitely has to be traded. If Atlanta makes this work without trading Ryan, the cap really doesn't matter and the NFL should adopt a MLB/NBA luxury tax structure.

• Pie 1