• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Mr Scot Come Back!

ForJimmy

7 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Yeah I was high off Garry Cobb news and those penis egg shells…

I'll take "Things I didn't need to know for a hundred, Alex" 😆

Okay, one more thing...

In the postmortem, I see some folks saying Tepper should be applauded because he tried to make a "big move".

That's cool and all, but what I really want in team leadership are people who make smart moves, regardless of whether they be small, medium or large.

Mind you, I don't hate Tepper. As it was with Marty Hurney, I'm not gonna hate somebody for being bad at their job.

But make no mistake, he is bad at his job.

Edited by Mr. Scot
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 3

53 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Mind you, I don't hate Tepper. As it was with Marty Hurney, I'm not gonna hate somebody for being bad at their job.

But make no mistake, he is bad at his job.

Tepper is following the Pegulas' trajectory pretty closely. As I said after he won the bid, there's a learning curve to being an owner.

I hope Tepper's time with the Steelers is the equivalent of the Pegulas owning the Sabres or Tepper might take even longer than the six years it took the Pegulas to start getting it right.

Edited by trueblade
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 2

9 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

. We weren’t able to trade away half our team for the creepy QB no matter how hard Tepper polished his brass balls!

I think it's safe to say this was one of the major reason Watson wouldn't pick the panthers..  " trade away half the team"   ,   What he'd be be left with on both sides of the ball.  What would excite The Texans  in what they'd receive from us,  would not excite Watson,, just the opposite.

There's another thread,   WHY WOULD WATSON PICK CAROLINA ..  well,  if you read those replies,, it's pretty clear there weren't good reasons.  I even mentioned that the Saints had the better team to offer him.  Starting with our coaching,,( Rhule )  vs a new head coach for the Saints,  they still looked better in coaching.   That's sad.

I don't think offering The Texans our best players was good for us getting Watson ,because it wasn't good for Watson.

9 hours ago, SizzleBuzz said:

This isn’t a “job” for Big Tepp…

…simply a hobby, nothing more.

(appears to constitute life or death for some 🤦‍♂️)

*looks at your avatar*

Oh yeah you're above the fray alright. It's all just everyone else taking this too seriously 🤣