• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

QB Options (after Watson)

Evil Hurney

Don’t like Willis. Don’t like Pickett. Don’t like Corral. There are much better upgrades at 6 to build a contender. I said it elsewhere, take a stab at a mid rounder if one presents itself. Virtually no risk, high reward. Focus on the build. 

A FA vet is pointless. That would be a midseason pickup if let’s say Darnold stays awful and a young guy gets thrown to the wolves doesn’t work out. They become a late pickup/tank commander. Let’s call this type a Nick Mullens.

• Pie 2

There is no way the Iggles are giving up Minshew for a reasonable price.  They clearly don't have much faith in Hurts, and Minshew is a cheap backup.  I wouldn't be at all shocked if Minshew has nearly as many snaps as Hurts this next season.

6 hours ago, R0CKnR0LLA said:

Build OLine, find your QB next year

This. If you want someone else for this year, don't give up too much. Don't sell yourself on the idea that you've  just got to find your guy this year or else and hope that one of these guys is it, because it's not. 

And don't trade for anyone. Not this year. 

Get everything ready for your QB to step in and make sure he has all the pieces in place for him to succeed before you bring him in, because if you don't do it before, you won't do it. You'll always be trying to play catch up like we did with Cam and you'll always come up short .

3 hours ago, CPantherKing said:

Trade: Nick Foles, Brett Rypien, Shane Buechele

Free Agent: Cam Newton, Joe Flacco

Draft: Aqeel Glass, Jack Coan, Desmond Ridder

Those are the only QBs I see capable of leading a team to a championship. Russell Wilson and Carson Wentz were also on my list as trade targets above Foles.

You could get 3 of them on the roster and have them compete. It would be like the season the Packers loaded up on QBs Brett Favre, Ty Detmer, Mark Brunnell, and Kurt Warner.

Packers traded for a 2nd round QB in Brett Favre, drafted Ty Detmer in the 9th round, drafted Mark Brunell in the 5th round, and signed an undrafted free agent in Kurt Warner. It is possible to find multiple hall of fame QBs and franchise QBs if you don't get blinded by 1st round QB hype and combine measurables.

those trade targets lmaoooo

I'd have no problems with trading for Minshew with a 5th round pick. He's had starter experience.  I think he's better than Darnold. At worst, he'd possibly cause Darnold to elevate his game just by bringing legitimate competiton for the starter position. Rhule should have a veteran on the roster instead of PJ Walker to push Darnold harder in 2021. And, Minshew would be the perfect guy to hold things down in 2023 if we draft a rookie who isn't ready to take control of the offense to start the season.

As someone pointed out, the Eagles may want more than that. If so, maybe we could offer a later round draft choice with the 5th round selection, or offer a conditonal choice on a late round 2023 draft choice based on playing time and/ r performance.

None. We don't need any other Qb to come in here and win games for Rhule and Co. This year will be another lost season (like every season will be under Tepper's guidance), but the best thing to do is to go as young as possible this next season, allow Darnold to keep shitting the bed for $18 million while playing the young guys and look to next season with a new HC, high draft picks (Good chance we're in the running for No. 1 Overall), and cap space to try and turn this poo show around. That is honestly our best chance to become a winning team under Tepper. If he keeps Rhule after this season we will be on the cusp of 10 losing seasons in a row.

Edited by Mr Mojo Risin

My fear isn’t being bad. My fear is being mediocre. At least being bad you have an opportunity to pursue a game changing talent at QB in the draft. If we don’t love any of the QBs, then don’t draft them. The second you draft them, you make the play that you have to try them out for a period of time, where you waste years off of the guys you’ve paid money to.

Get OL help or trade back and get more picks. We also need to acknowledge a changing landscape where top QBs will entertain leaving and going other places. That makes having high picks and being prepared to take on such a talent invaluable.