• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

QB Options (after Watson)

Evil Hurney

1 hour ago, BurnNChinn said:

Should of got Minshew instead of Darnold like I said before last season started and let him compete with Teddy. So for me it’s Minshew and it will be cheap and best option. No to Pickett and Willis, just keep building oliine

Should of got Minshew instead of Teddy..

Just now, Pimpdaddy said:

Should of got Minshew instead of Teddy..

Minshew wasn't available in the 2020 offseason. He was traded last season from the Jags. They definitely should have pursued him then.

I've long said they should have just kept Kyle Allen instead of signing Teddy. Basically the same QB for a fraction of the cost. 

• Pie 2

3 minutes ago, Ramblin' Willie said:

DJ for Love and a draft pick.  Finding a great WR is easier that finding a franchise QB.  The question of course is Love a possible franchise QB?

I don't think the Packers would have given Aaron Rodgers a $150 mil contract if they thought Jordan Love had any chance of being a franchise QB in the NFL. The GB brass thought Rodgers was slipping. They moved up to take a QB in the 1st round even though they had just 1 game short of the SB the season before they drafted him. If Love could play, Rodgers (with all of his drama) would no longer be in GB.

I wouldn't give more than a 4th or 5th round pick for Love, and I definitely would give DJ Morre away for him...but maybe Robbie Anderson.

• Pie 1

Minshew or Huntley if the price is right or just sign Jameis or Mariota. 

Build the OL in the draft and wait until next year for a QB. New coach will want “his guy” …. No need to hamstring that right out of the gate.

Under no circumstances do I want Jimmy G, Baker or Love. 

IMO -If at any point in the draft a QB is close to the BPA- we snag him (not in the first). Otherwise we build the team's other positions. I do not favor any trade unless we are really getting a possible deal (ie-6th rounder for Minshew). We should sign a FA Vet just in case to compete with Darnold (little to no guaranteed money) and cut them if necessary (If they can't beat Darnold or any rookie QB we might draft). If whoever we bring in is better than Darnold (you'd think they'd be) then maybe we have a decent backup option if we can bring in a Franchise guy in 2023.

46 minutes ago, Smittymoose said:

those trade targets lmaoooo

There's a long list of franchise/HoF QBs you would have laughed at over the years as possible trades.

Would you have laughed at trading for Mark Brunnell, Kurt Warner, Warren Moon, Jake Delhomme, Tony Romo, Steve Bono, Matt Hasselbeck, Steve Beuerlein, Tom Brady, Jeff Garcia, Brad Johnson, Kirk Cousins, or RIch Gannon? My guess is you would have laughed them all off.

Someone has to give them their opportunity before everyone realizes their value and wishes they traded for them. The ones that laugh always miss out on these QBs.

Have you even seen Rypien and Buechele? Buechele's being protected by Reid and moving up as Mahome's back-up for a reason. Rypien is quietly sitting on the Broncos roster being protected by Elway. Broncos moved Drew Lock as the backup because of Rypien who they tendered as an RFA.

My top 2 trade targets have already been taken. Those are who remain, and I trust them to lead a team before a QB like Deshaun Watson, Baker Mayfield, or Sam Darnold.

If you keep laughing off these type of QBs, then you laugh off the type of QBs that lead NFL dynasties. It's not a majority of 1st round QBs who are leading teams to NFL dynasties.

NO MORE PICKS FOR SUB PAR QBS!!!!!

I think Sam just needs to go, now. He we into last season with everyone behind him. What is it going to be like with everyone down on him? 

Of the free agents, Mariota has the most upside but if we're drafting a QB, I'd think we'd want Dalton or Fitzpatrick as a mentor.