• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Carolina quietly cleared more cap with RA

Actionman0z

2 minutes ago, Jackie Lee said:

Especially with the Packers just losing Adams, Robby had some trade value as it was. I can't believe Robby's little camp holdout turned into a $22M 2023 cap hit. Now it's a $9M dead cap if we cut him next year instead of $3M. Not sure it's worth it for an extra $5M to spend in a lame duck year

I think Robby will be fine this year. He will bounce back. 

29 minutes ago, J.B. said:

This means he is back for 2022

From what I am hearing Baker might be able to be obtained for a 2 that could turn into a 1. 
if we could offer the 2023 2 (or 1), and maybe dump Darnold as part of it - we have the makings of a pretty darn good offense 

Nothing would be dumber than giving up next years picks. If we did that then this regime has truly learned nothing. It’s this line of thinking that has brought us where we are.

41 minutes ago, stbugs said:

I’m sure we are in trouble because it means we are likely stuck having Robby play both years and stuff like that. It happened with Hurney and Short. That restructure added $4-5M in potential dead cap so we got the pleasure of watching him collect $26.5M for 5 games of poor play.

Restructuring is never a good thing cap wise because it means you need to spend more than your current cap space so you are stealing from the future. That is usually fine for teams competing but it’s just a sad attempt when it’s for a team with 15 total wins in 3 years.

I don't think many understands that.  

• Beer 1

43 minutes ago, stbugs said:

I’m sure we are in trouble because it means we are likely stuck having Robby play both years and stuff like that. It happened with Hurney and Short. That restructure added $4-5M in potential dead cap so we got the pleasure of watching him collect $26.5M for 5 games of poor play.

Restructuring is never a good thing cap wise because it means you need to spend more than your current cap space so you are stealing from the future. That is usually fine for teams competing but it’s just a sad attempt when it’s for a team with 15 total wins in 3 years.

Tell that to the Saints

1 minute ago, Jackie Lee said:

They were always contending. We're in a lame duck year with Rhule, why give him an extra $5M from our 2023 cap space to gamble with this year? Just short changes the next HC's free agency if Rhule gets fired

I believe Robby isn't the issue entirely. Even Steve Smith had frustrations and gave up on plays during the 2010 season with Clausen. It's a business decision sometimes, and it sounds like he wasn't going to kill himself (though at times he got close) for Sam fuging Darnold and our swinging gate of an offensive line.

1 hour ago, Smithers said:

Yeah - we are about to make some big signings the next 24-48 hours.  We now know we have the cap space - time to ensure the other 21 starters are as good as they can be while we work to address the QB situation.  

C, LOG, MLB, RDE, and DT still need to be upgraded.  

On board with that but I’m optimistic about  Nixon and YGM. It’s sink or swim time for YGM.