• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Don't let Minshew get away..

Jmac

1 minute ago, ForJimmy said:

You know Kliff Kingsbury was a Texas Tech QB for Mike Leach and incorporates a very similar Air Raid offense right? I don’t know how you can really say one is more NFL ready than the next. I was doubtful of Mahomes because of that “college” offense he played in, but I feel like a lot of NFL teams have incorporated college offenses to help these players get up to speed quicker. If Minshew had Mahomes’ arm he could be extremely successful in the NFL despite playing in Leach’s offense.

I know exactly about Kingsbury and leach connecting but you can see there are tweaks Kingsbury made to Leaches offense...

And If Minshew had Mahomes arm talent this wouldn't even be a discussion.. He would still be a Jag right now..

But he doesn't and he doesn't have any elite skill to hide that and the lack of athleticism.. So it is what it is..

Minshew is who we should be looking at regardless of what we do with pick 6 and does not force us to select a QB in the '22 draft per se. 

At 25 years old, I'd be more than happy bringing mustachio in to start in '22, draft an OT at 6 and then figure out QB after the 6th overall selection is made, and 2023. 

If we have a way of moving back into the back half of the 1st round/early 2nd to grab Ridder (doubt he makes it to R2), even better......Let Minshew mentor the rookie. If not, we find our guy next offseason/'23 draft. 

Orrrrr....maybe he is the answer here. He looked solid in his two years in JAX (which is saying something), doesn't turn the ball over and played behind Hurts last year.

Minshew or Huntley are the young vets we should trade for. Jimmy G, Baker, etc.... pass. 

2 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

It's over, man. He forced his way out to the team (or more like contract) of his choice just like everyone told you he would. 

Oh it's faaaaaarrr from over🤦‍♂️, hell the green flag hasn't even been waved yet 🤣...

Guarantee you that contract has a bevy of morals clauses & potential outs built into it --- Mr. Whip-It-Out is gonna have to toe clearly defined line in the sand...

...will be interesting to see if he can control his urges, LOL 😂 

(not to mention the massive 🎯 he now has on his back 🧐)

• Poo 2

3 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

I know exactly about Kingsbury and leach connecting but you can see there are tweaks Kingsbury made to Leaches offense...

And If Minshew had Mahomes arm talent this wouldn't even be a discussion.. He would still be a Jag right now..

But he doesn't and he doesn't have any elite skill to hide that and the lack of athleticism.. So it is what it is..

Oh I get Minshew is nothing special. I just think Leach is underrated as an offensive minded coach. He created that offense that several teams are incorporating now. He just sucked ass at defensive coaching. 

31 minutes ago, SizzleBuzz said:

Oh it's faaaaaarrr from over🤦‍♂️, hell the green flag hasn't even been waved yet 🤣...

Guarantee you that contract has a bevy of morals clauses & potential outs built into it --- Mr. Whip-It-Out is gonna have to toe clearly defined line in the sand...

...will be interesting to see if he can control his urges, LOL 😂 

(not to mention the massive 🎯 he now has on his back 🧐)

Give up, man. Watson got everything he wanted. 

• Beer 1

Get Minshew on the relatively cheap. Use him to judge how good a coach Rhule is. Rhule has gotten to select his guy 2 years in a row at ridiculous costs given production. Now its time for the front office to select for him and see what he can do. If we flounder again, adios. If he performs well and the team does well, then maybe Rhule sees year 4. There really isn't much difference between Minshew and any of the QBs this year other than draft pick cost.

4 hours ago, WOW!! said:

Give me physical talent and any OC worth his title can teach him to be a QB..

Give a me QB with major limitation and your wasting your time..

This is simply untrue.  There are so many physical talent qbs who bust.  Way more physical talent qbs that can make the "leap" bust than average athlete and arm strength qbs who throw with accuracy and anticipation. 

5 minutes ago, Tr3ach said:

This is simply untrue.  There are so many physical talent qbs who bust.  Way more physical talent qbs that can make the "leap" bust than average athlete and arm strength qbs who throw with accuracy and anticipation. 

Your opinion.. Give me the physicality talented player and a good QB developer.. You get a super star..

Get a Minshew you're  constantly trying to cover up his limitations until you get a better player...

A waste of time..

Edited by WOW!!

36 minutes ago, WOW!! said:

Your opinion.. Give me the physicality talented player and a good QB developer.. You get a super star..

Get a Minshew you're  constantly trying to cover up his limitations until you get a better player...

A waste of time..

A lot of the greatest qbs of all time had plenty of physical limitations.   Brees and Brady for example.  Neither were mobile.  Neither had especially strong arms.