• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

49ers want ____ for Jimmy G

ncfan

I’d send Darnold + 2023 4th for Jimmy G. More than that and they can keep him. 

The 49ers would save ~$5-6mil in cap space and acquire what looks like a mid to high 4th round pick in 2023.

Panthers would have a legitimate starting caliber QB and not be on the hook beyond next year. We can’t go another year without a starting QB.

We would still use the draft this year or next to look for our franchise QB.

45 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

I don't think it's guaranteed they see it that way.

Rhule still needs to save his job, and he may not believe that a rookie quarterback is capable of doing that.

And Jimmy can? Sure he made it to a Super Bowl and another NFC Championship. But context matters and Jimmy was on the perfect team to make up for his deficiencies. He was also the reason the lost both those games. 
He comes here it is 2020 all over again. Because I don’t think our defense or run game is gonna become as elite as that 2019 49ers team was. 
They won so many game because of that vicious running attack and Jimmy didn’t need to do nothing. 75 yards 2019 NFC Championship game. 
But teams see where he has been and think he was the reason the 49ers  got there. 
NFL front offices are freaking stupid. 

• Poo 1

Just now, TLGPanthersFan said:

And Jimmy can? Sure he made it to a Super Bowl and another NFC Championship. But context matters and Jimmy was on the perfect team to make up for his deficiencies. He was also the reason the lost both those games. 
He comes here it is 2020 all over again. Because I don’t think our defense or run game is gonna become as elite as that 2019 49ers team was. 
They won so many game because of that vicious running attack and Jimmy didn’t need to do nothing. 75 yards 2019 NFC Championship game. 
But teams see where he has been and think he was the reason the 49ers  got there. 
NFL front offices are freaking stupid. 

Whether or not he actually can is secondary.

The primary question is whether or not Matt Rhule thinks he can.

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

Whether or not he actually can is secondary.

The primary question is whether or not Matt Rhule thinks he can.

I feel like I am in the twilight zone with this team or Groundhog Day. 
We get rid of Bridgewater only to be some of the teams to potentially get the other Bridgewater. 
This team.

He had the 9th highest passer rating at 98.7 last year.  Higher than Mahomes, Herbert, Josh Allen, and Tannehill.

He had 12th highest qbr at 53.3, just below Joe Burrow (11th) at 54.3.

He was 12th in yards per game with 254 , above Jackson, Ryan, Wilson and Tannehill, just behind Arron Rodgers (11th)  with 257.   9ers beat the Packers in the playoffs last year.

The guy is an elite QB who has taken his team deep into the playoffs  two times. 

He has only played a full season once going 13-3.

He's better than Matt Ryan when he plays, he's just had 2 years of injury and was hurt again this year for a couple games.  A third sounds about right, I'd go  a bit higher if they take Darnold.  Since we don't have a third atm, I'd consider next years second and they take Sam and some of his contract off our hands.

• Poo 1

7 minutes ago, poundaway said:

He had the 9th highest passer rating at 98.7 last year.  Higher than Mahomes, Herbert, Josh Allen, and Tannehill.

He was 12th in yards per game with 254 , above Jackson, Ryan, Wilson and Tannehill, just behind Arron Rodgers (11th)  with 257.   9ers beat the Packers in the playoffs last year.

The guy is an elite QB who has taken his team deep into the playoffs  two times. 

He's better than Matt Ryan when he plays, he's just had 2 years of injury and was hurt again this year for a couple games.  A third sounds about right, I'd go  a bit higher if they take Darnold.  Since we don't have a third atm, I'd consider next years second and they take Sam and some of his contract off our hands.

He also passed for 20 TDs which was the same amount as Taylor fuging Heinicke (20)  and two more than Teddy Bridgewater (18) in one more game. 

That TD figure also falls dramatically short of every other QB you mentioned with Mahomes (37) Herbert (38) Allen (36) Rodgers (37) and even Tannehill (21)

Garoppolo also threw 12 Interceptions and his interception rate was good for 23rd in the league behind the obvious superstar QBs like Davis Mills, Daniel Jones, Jared Goff, Ben Roethlisberger, Jalen Hurts, Tua Tagavailoa, Teddy Bridgewater and a rookie Mac Jones. 

The two games against the Packers - in 2020 he was 6/8 for 77 (SEVENTY SEVEN) yards. Last year he went 11/19 for 131 yards and a pick at the goal line that took points off the board in a one score game. Lets quit with the revisionist history. The defense and special teams with the blocked punt for a TD won that game. 

You can win games with a guy like Garropolo but he is not an elite QB and has done absolutely nothing to warrant being in the conversation with any of the guys you listed (admittedly I don't think Tannehill does either) there are also legitimate concerns over his durability. You praise his one full season while ignoring the fact he has not stayed healthy in 84% of them. Now, at age 30 (31 by mid season) he has a shoulder surgery and wont be ready for offseason installments in a new system with new receivers? And he is gonna cost 25 million for one year before we have to commit big money long term/tag him? 

I could maybe get on board with a 6th or future 5th but anything more than that I am firmly out.

36 minutes ago, poundaway said:

He's been dragged kicking, screaming, and playing like poo deep into the playoffs twice by a really good, well coached team around him.

• Flames 1