• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Chris Simms top QB is Matt Corral and why you should listen

Zod

Honestly I will say this first. I'm not sure if there is a elite QB in this draft. With that said Corral has good Football IQ which I like and he has a good arm. Those two things I see as minimum to make it in the NFL. His footwork needs improvement quite a bit and if it's not improved he's going to throw ints on long balls in the NFL. To me risk vs reward it was a good pick up. He could do very well in BMs system because he's smart and has a quick release. Still I'm not sure he's day one ready and Darnald with a good line is probably the better option at this point. 

30 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Boy, this didn't age well 😕

To be fair though, I don't really think anybody foresaw the massive slide every quarterback other than Kenny Pickett took.

I think if Steelers didnt pick Pickett in the first, he would have been there for their second round pick (i think it was 52?). About 80% sure. 

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

You me and a lot of these analysts didn’t see THIS happening, so I wouldn’t worry about it. Predicting/guessing is part of the fun! 

Malik Willis’ college coach plays golf at the same club as me. I saw him yesterday and he looked like a kicked puppy. Watching these guys slide was a surprise but I’m glad we picked Corral. He seems like a nice fit for McAdoo’s offense. 

• Beer 3

I actually like this pick where we picked him.  He is almost the best compromise among the QB prospects. 

He has more "tools" than say Pickett, but then he has better accuracy metrics than some of the guys with the big arms like Howell and Willis.

His biggest question mark is the fact he ran such a limited system, not only single reads but pre-determined reads.  Was that because he can't do more or because the system didn't' ask him to do more?

In the third round it's a low risk play that gives a coach some tools to work with.

• Beer 1

17 minutes ago, AU-panther said:

I actually like this pick where we picked him.  He is almost the best compromise among the QB prospects. 

He has more "tools" than say Pickett, but then he has better accuracy metrics than some of the guys with the big arms like Howell and Willis.

His biggest question mark is the fact he ran such a limited system, not only single reads but pre-determined reads.  Was that because he can't do more or because the system didn't' ask him to do more?

In the third round it's a low risk play that gives a coach some tools to work with.

IMO?

It's because it's the best way for them to try to win against better competition week in and week out.

I hope he doesn't start the season, but we are gonna take it easy with him.  Play lockdown D, and run the hell outta the ball.  Don't ask him (or Sam) to carry a heavy load.

That said, if we get Baker and Corral sits for a season, that would likely be the best outcome.

21 minutes ago, Newbie said:

Malik Willis’ college coach plays golf at the same club as me. I saw him yesterday and he looked like a kicked puppy. Watching these guys slide was a surprise but I’m glad we picked Corral. He seems like a nice fit for McAdoo’s offense. 

Hugh Freeze? I believed he coached Ole Miss a while ago and go in some trouble right?

31 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

There is no way on Gods green earth that Watson is the same size as MC

I agree they have a different build and these listings are usually a little off. That’s why I say he needs a few pounds of muscle. The point is he’s not far off. 

19 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Hugh Freeze? I believed he coached Ole Miss a while ago and go in some trouble right?

Yeah, I’m talking about Hugh Freeze. I talked to him the day before the draft and he told me he was flying out for the draft and hoped Malik would go first round. Told me our guys liked Willis but he had no idea where he was getting picked. Everyone up here likes Hugh and he’s been a model citizen. 

• Beer 1