• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Darnold outta here?

Zod

1 minute ago, Mr. Scot said:

I imagine backing up Lawrence would be an easy job.

Not as easy as backing up Tom Brady.  But point taken. 

Lawrence has a difficult road ahead of him in his career.  He's going to have to hang on until Jacksonville figures out how to build a team around him and stay injury free in the process.  I'm not liking his odds as it stands right now.

If it's CJ that will suck because it's another 3rd round pick into the Darnold fire and I'm not really sure the cap space is that beneficial. Also I'm still high on him. 

But I also appreciate them being able to call a spade a spade and just get rid of dead weight. 

Would mean we likely have one more FA signing. 

Just now, electro's horse said:

If it's CJ that will suck because it's another 3rd round pick into the Darnold fire and I'm not really sure the cap space is that beneficial. Also I'm still high on him. 

But I also appreciate them being able to call a spade a spade and just get rid of dead weight. 

CJ isn’t exactly dead weight. He played very well in spurts last year and he’s got incredible physical tools. Too early to give up on him especially if his head is right. And we’re gonna be thin and very young in the secondary without Gilly or Bouye. 

• Pie 1

they're clearing the deck for salary because the draft interest in a QB is smoke and with a LT that can play at 6, our team looks competitive on paper minus a QB that we trade to get. We want someone to leapfrog us for Willis so we can get our pick of tackles at 6. Mayfield? 

• Beer 2

1 minute ago, electro's horse said:

I wish Tepper would call a spade a spade and dump Rhule. When we do get a new QB someone in the media needs to put him on blast for such a dumb trade and 5th year option pickup. Needs to admit the mistake in a press conference, not just pretend like this mess never existed