• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Running QBs don’t win Superb Owls

We can go o-line in this draft, and QB in 2023. No more trading away the future for mediocre QBs in the present. That's how we got to the bottom of the NFL, so I think we're learning not to do that. Our GM is not bright, (see Sam Darnold) but even he can figure out what isn't working. Sadly for us the damage is done, but we can slowly recover with the right decisions.

21 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

Let's define some terms here...

Running Quarterbacks: quarterbacks who can run but are lousy to mediocre passers (example: Michael Vick)

Mobile Quarterbacks: quarterbacks who are capable of scrambling to set up passes but aren't necessarily run threats that you have to game plan against (example: Russell Wilson)

Dual Threats: quarterbacks that are capable of being a run threat while also being great passers (example: Steve Young)

Pocket Passers: quarterbacks who rarely run unless they need to, but aren't necessarily immobile (example: Tom Brady)

Here Here to Mr. Scot!!!!

13 hours ago, Brooklyn 3.0 said:

It must be hell for you living in a world where everything is about race.

It’s hilarious who you choose to attack and go after in threads like this. Not the poster who is being clear with his intent, but the ones calling it out. 

Dude called McNabb a running QB but wants to label Allen as “mobile” lmao. You want to go after the one calling it out though.

• Pie 3
  • Flames 2

Yes, if all a QB can do is run then he’s probably not going to win a super bowl. If he can run and throw, like Cam, Wilson, Young, Lamar, etc then he can. If Willis is determined to be a The Golden Calf of Bristol or RG3 passer rather than a Cam or Wilson passer then I don’t want him. There’s no telling which category he falls into in the pros yet. 

When I was a kid, Fran Tarkenton and Roger Staubach were the 2 nightmares for defenses at the time.  Tarkenton could run 65 yds in one play, but not down the field, he kept moving just so he could pass.  Roger could do the same, but would go down the field much more.  Tarkenton was a good passer and mobile, went to 3 Superbowls and lost them all.  Staubach had more success there.

Unless you have an incredible Oline, which Brady and Manning always seem to get, then you had better learn to move.  Changing defenses in the last 20 years have dictated that legs and arms are important to keep a defense honest. And QB's beware if you are gonna take off with the ball.  Becoming a "runner" when you cross the line of scrimmage  in todays NFL, can shorten your career.  Cam and Allen can get by with it somewhat because they are in LB bodies.

22 minutes ago, JawnyBlaze said:

Yes, if all a QB can do is run then he’s probably not going to win a super bowl. If he can run and throw, like Cam, Wilson, Young, Lamar, etc then he can. If Willis is determined to be a The Golden Calf of Bristol or RG3 passer rather than a Cam or Wilson passer then I don’t want him. There’s no telling which category he falls into in the pros yet. 

Te-bow is probably the best example of a running quarterback I've seen in a long, long time.

His mechanics were so horrible I wouldn't even call what he did "passing". It was more like "flinging".

28 minutes ago, Mr. Scot said:

Te-bow is probably the best example of a running quarterback I've seen in a long, long time.

His mechanics were so horrible I wouldn't even call what he did "passing". It was more like "flinging".

I guess my point is QBs like The Golden Calf of Bristol can’t last in the league period. You have to be able to throw as well. He lasted what 2-3 years? I think Vick was a better passer than he is getting credit for the Falcons just didn’t develop him. Andy Reid turned him into a much better passer. So the whole thing is weird and kind of pointless. Is there a QB that has played 10 plus years that couldn’t throw the ball?? It’s like saying QBs than can’t read defenses don’t win Super Bowls. Well yeah they don’t make it period.. 

• Pie 1

30 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

I guess my point is QBs like The Golden Calf of Bristol can’t last in the league period. You have to be able to throw as well. He lasted what 2-3 years? I think Vick was a better passer than he is getting credit for the Falcons just didn’t develop him. Andy Reid turned him into a much better passer. So the whole thing is weird and kind of pointless. Is there a QB that has played 10 plus years that couldn’t throw the ball?? It’s like saying QBs than can’t read defenses don’t win Super Bowls. Well yeah they don’t make it period.. 

cam? He was always been a mediocre passer 

• Poo 4

1 hour ago, AggieLean said:

The same coded bs we went through in 2010 lol. 

And it’s obvious with the OP and those on his side trying to protect Allen by not calling him a running QB.

First thing I thought of. Literally said, as soon as I saw this thread, "not this poo again."

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1