• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Shi Smith arrested

ncfan

Just now, rayzor said:

I'll just say I don't remember much about being 23. Not even sure where I was living then. 

Likewise.

Look, he was obviously being dumb and he got caught. It's nothing crazy. Just being dumb. If he keeps being dumb, it's a problem. He's a kid, he is allowed to have at least 1-2 relatively minor dumbs. 

Better than being dumb and killing someone(recent Las Vegas incidents).

• Pie 3
  • Beer 1

Reminds me of a few years back. When the players were released from training camp (2011) One was pulled for speeding (and was puffing a "fat one" while doing so) in Rowan County 0n I-85. Allegedly, when asked by the officer what he did for a living the player replied "well I WAS a Carolina Panther".

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, kungfoodude said:

Likewise.

Look, he was obviously being dumb and he got caught. It's nothing crazy. Just being dumb. If he keeps being dumb, it's a problem. He's a kid, he is allowed to have at least 1-2 relatively minor dumbs. 

Agree 100%… when I was 23 I was making bad decisions.  I still am, but I was then, too.  Victimless crimes don’t deserve to be judged the same.  Dude was driving around with some weed and a gun.  Who cares… I know people (average citizens) who drive with that every day

• Pie 1

56 minutes ago, Happy Panther said:

When is the last time an NFL player needed a gun to protect themselves? 

That's the bigger head scratcher for me. I've done a lot of dumb things, but managed to keep away from situations where I thought... "Dude, I sure wish I had a gun now." If you find yourself heading into those situations, might be a good time to change direction.

• Pie 4

9 minutes ago, rayzor said:

That's the bigger head scratcher for me. I've done a lot of dumb things, but;  managed to keep away from situations where I thought... "Dude, I sure wish I had a gun now." If you find yourself heading into those situations, might be a good time to change direction.

Let’s be fair to the world climate today but in general that’s a very fair statement. 

7 minutes ago, Harbingers said:

Let’s be fair to the world climate today but in general that’s a very fair statement. 

I mean if you're in a land that just got invaded by Putin, you might have an argument. Here in the US.... there's not really a need for it.  Every other country in the northern hemisphere seems to be doing ok without them.

• Pie 3

1 hour ago, Happy Panther said:

When is the last time an NFL player needed a gun to protect themselves? 

Stuff happens. I know a dude who was moving and loading up the van in broad daylight. This was back in December. He was approached by a guy who started chatting him up in a friendly manner. They talked a few minutes until the stranger pulls out a gun and started pistol whipping the guy I know. My friend was knocked down but was able to grab the pistol he had on him and shoot the perp. The perp got in his car and drove a few blocks before he died. People in general are targets, guys with money and fame more so.

Edited by Panthera onca

1 hour ago, rayzor said:

That's the bigger head scratcher for me. I've done a lot of dumb things, but managed to keep away from situations where I thought... "Dude, I sure wish I had a gun now." If you find yourself heading into those situations, might be a good time to change direction.

I’m not a right wing huge 2nd amendment guy, but it’s not uncommon for people (at least where I live) to have guns on their hip and it’s within their rights to do so.  Don’t always need to be in a dangerous situation to have a gun with you.  This is more of a red tape/bureaucracy thing than anything (aside from the speeding) + weed is legal in so many places around the US.  It’s dumb that he was arrested for this 

28 minutes ago, PandaMan said:

I’m not a right wing huge 2nd amendment guy, but it’s not uncommon for people (at least where I live) to have guns on their hip and it’s within their rights to do so.  Don’t always need to be in a dangerous situation to have a gun with you.  This is more of a red tape/bureaucracy thing than anything (aside from the speeding) + weed is legal in so many places around the US.  It’s dumb that he was arrested for this 

i'm used to seeing it as well.  why would you need to, though? why would you want to? there's very little need for anything like that unless you are putting yourself into those situations in which case you just need to stop being in those situations. and if you do feel for some reason that you might need one....at least do it the right way and get it registered and get your ccl. 

weed shouldn't have been an issue (the fact that it is is dumb on it's own), but it is an issue and because it is an issue....don't be dumb with it. don't get caught with it. if you've got it, don't do anything dumb to draw attention to yourself just in case. 

he's learning....i hope. tough lessons to learn, but it could have been worse. 

• Pie 1

6 hours ago, kungfoodude said:

Likewise.

Look Here Reaction GIF by Paul McCartney

Well said. I’m all for second chances.  I’m a fifty year old guy but I was in my 20s once.  I did a lot of stupid poo when I was young and never got caught.  

Edited by Pejorative Miscreant
  • Beer 1