• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Shi Smith arrested

ncfan

1 hour ago, BrianS said:

Who cares indeed?  Oh, wait, the NFL.  They care.

Smith was dumb.  Dumb as rocks.  The guy is a bubble player.

How many years did it take him to get to the NFL?  How much blood, sweat and tears?  To jeopardize the best job he will likely ever have, he deserves every bit of whatever befalls him.

Make your choices, live with the consequences.  Sometimes the lessons you most need to learn are the ones that are the most painful.

Real weird how good it makes anonymous people on a message board feel to lecture total strangers about their decisions or screw-ups, lord knows half the folks here are barely holding it together

• Pie 3
  • Flames 1
  • Poo 1

Let's throw away the pitchforks guys. ESPN had an article on it too. Sounds like he was going 12 over the speed limit around noon and was pulled over. Then on unclear grounds (probably being black in SC), they searched him and found a gun and some marijuana. How that translates to unlawful carrying of a handgun and intent to distribute is really unclear but certainly reeks of trumped up charges. Yeah he's not blameless. But it also doesn't sound as egregious as some of you are making it.

Edited by Peon Awesome
  • Poo 1

8 hours ago, Peon Awesome said:

Let's throw away the pitchforks guys. ESPN had an article on it too. Sounds like he was going 12 over the speed limit around noon and was pulled over. Then on unclear grounds (probably being black in SC), they searched him and found a gun and some marijuana. How that translates to unlawful carrying of a handgun and intent to distribute is really unclear but certainly reeks of trumped up charges. Yeah he's not blameless. But it also doesn't sound as egregious as some of you are making it.

If you have more than a certain amount of weed they’ll always charge you with intent to distribute. I think it’s above 1 or 2 ounces. I highly, highly doubt shi is a weed dealer lol. That’s just silly. No clue about the gun charge or if he has a license. But if he doesn’t he should’ve got one. This isn’t a big deal imo. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

9 hours ago, Peon Awesome said:

Sounds like something Rockhill would do. 

12 hours ago, ImaginaryKev said:

Weed is legal in all the fun states and tons of South Carolinians smoke pot regardless of the law, no one cares. 

Get him a license for that gun and keep it moving. 2nd amendment exists, wonder why those types arent defending him more. Everything about this screams victimless crime

I am curious about what he did (if anything) to get caught with this on him.

This is clearly something he can learn from and a good lawyer will make all this poo go away regardless. As long as he isn't actively bangin I don't care about a young nfl player having a gun for protection (Didn't ICE T just get robbed the other day?) He needs to make sure it's legit and it was dumb to get caught up in this but it's nothing worth throwing away a person for. And he also might be able to play football. Who the fug cares?