• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

"Everyone I've talked to, thinks and believes the Panthers will trade back"

TheSpecialJuan

4 minutes ago, PantherKyle said:

I’d love it. Need someone to want to move up, though. 

I think the Steelers love Willis--and if Willis is available, we can get #20 and #52 and the 2023 first rounder.  That is huge because the Steelers are likely to finish at the bottom in 2022--especially with a raw, developing QB.  THAT would give the Panthers 2 early first round picks next year if they don't find a QB this year.  I think it is a long-term play, but it is the play to make if Pittsburgh decides to get ahead of Atlanta (8) and Seattle (9).

• Pie 8

5 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

I think the Steelers love Willis--and if Willis is available, we can get #20 and #52 and the 2023 first rounder.  That is huge because the Steelers are likely to finish at the bottom in 2022--especially with a raw, developing QB.  THAT would give the Panthers 2 early first round picks next year if they don't find a QB this year.  I think it is a long-term play, but it is the play to make if Pittsburgh decides to get ahead of Atlanta (8) and Seattle (9).

Ain't nobody trading up to T10 for a QB this year, bud

• Pie 1

6 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

A) that's not enough

B) Steelers never finish at the bottom.  No matter the qb they seem to be picking in the late teens 20s

• Pie 1

13 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

Isnt this a contradictory statement?

Not really. 1) he may be hearing one thing but thinking something else 2) he might be insinuating that they'll be trading back unless one of their top 2 LTs make it to 6 (which is doubtful to happen).

19 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

6C9FF029-7688-4D20-89FE-261FFF88AF58.gif.1976109214fbd10e5cd44cc71fe56c45.gif

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1

3 minutes ago, Shotgun said:

I hope not. Don't pass up better talent just to get more picks like we did last year. 

Depends who's there and what the offer is, but it's pretty clear the second round didn't go how they expected last year.

Tepper was clearly relieved when we drafted Christensen after those trades because every other OT on our board went in that period.

If you have an OT at #6 that you've identified as a good starting LT don't complicate things things.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 1