• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

The Panthers have first round grades on 3 QBs.

Zod

3 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

I see that, but how do you sell year three (since Rhule arrived--year six since we last won) with the slogan, "Wait til next year!"  I think we are doing all we can to win now, and I think they cannot go with Sam--or any veteran they might bring in.

Temper wants a playoff team next year, I know it sounds crazy. None of these QBs (My opinion) will get us to the playoffs. In most drafts these guys are 2nd-3rd options. Malik will only go in the top 10 because of potential to be a top 15 qb in 3 years. 

Edited by Chad_Cota
  • Pie 1

2 minutes ago, Chad_Cota said:

Temper wants a playoff team next year, I know it sounds crazy. None of these QBs (My oppinion) will get us to the playoffs. In most drafts these guys are 2nd-3rd options. Malik will only go in the top 10 because of potential to be a top 15 qb in 3 years. 

Good stuff and I see it.  However, if they have first round grades on 3, then they will probably take one somehow.  I want T, but the blood is in the water for a QB--gonna be a frenzy!!! a FRENZY I SAY!"  (who knows?)

• Pie 1

Just now, MHS831 said:

Could be--I feel confident that, barring the trading we know will happen, that a QB will go at Pick 6 and 9.  That is IF nobody trades up.

you have  teams with stop gap solutions at QBs. Heading into the draft "one" of those teams is willing to trade down, while all you hear is that the others want to trade up....  

Those teams:
Lions
Steelers
Panthers
Falcons
Seahawks

and I am not even including the Commanders who may want to get a QB like Willis to sit behind Wentz for a year.

• Pie 1

23 minutes ago, Zod said:

No chance. Corral will be there in the 20s, perhaps Pickett too.

Id be willing to do a forum based bet here with you. No money. Just some fun on the message board.

I bet 3 QBs are off the board before we get to pick 20, if I win ... you have to sticky a thread eating crow and change your profile pic to my choosing until TC.

If you win.... well you let me know.

Edited by TheCasillas

I see Willis and Pickett going top ten if Detroit takes Willis,  if not I can still see two going top ten if Atlanta goes QB and Carolina does at 6. But if they start dropping out of the top ten, first I see picking qb is Pittsburgh.  So could possibly trade out of the top ten and still get Willis or Pickett but definitely Corral. 

37 minutes ago, Zod said:

Maybe. I think the Panthers may prefer taking Corral and getting a second and third rounder with the trade back 

If that’s we we get back it would be a very short drop from the trade. Like from 6 to 8/9. If we have a first round grade on a QB we feel is our guy why trade down and risk someone else drafting him. If we lose our guy trying to get a 2nd/3rd back we traded for Darnold/Henderson that would be the ultimate fail…