• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Cost of trading for an additional 1st rounder

Martin

First of all, I’m not endorsing this but also, if you hate it just don’t respond and ruin the actual purpose of the thread.

I could see where we get Neal with our sixth pick and Corral being available when Philly is doing their three picks. It would really set us up for adding a rookie QB and lean heavy on the run game and be able to ease in a rookie. I also believe Philly is interested in moving one of their first round picks to next year.

What would the cost be to acquire their 15/16th pick? Our 1 in 2023 and our 4th this year? 1 and 3 in 2023?

• Pie 1

Is not having a 2nd this year is killing us. I think it would cost too much and cripple us next draft. Possibly 23 and 24’s 1st plus a 2nd (23) and our 4th. I’m for getting a rookie QB with one 1st or even trading down and drafting one, but future 1st and 2nds would be too much IMO. 

• Pie 2

7 minutes ago, Martin said:

First of all, I’m not endorsing this but also, if you hate it just don’t respond and ruin the actual purpose of the thread.

I could see where we get Neal with our sixth pick and Corral being available when Philly is doing their three picks. It would really set us up for adding a rookie QB and lean heavy on the run game and be able to ease in a rookie. I also believe Philly is interested in moving one of their first round picks to next year.

What would the cost be to acquire their 15/16th pick? Our 1 in 2023 and our 4th this year? 1 and 3 in 2023?

As many have alluded to on here, you don't fug around when it comes to potential franchise QBs. 

If we think there's one in this Draft (there isn't) then you take him at #6 - you don't mortgage a future 1st round pick to move back into the 1st in 2022 to pick the one that falls. That's even more moronic when you consider that next year's Draft is much stronger at QB. 

• Pie 5
  • Beer 2

If a team thinks they found their QB, then yeah, it would be worth using our 2023 pick and maybe one of our 5ths.  

This would be easier to stomach if we had a new coach right now so I'd prefer we just run up to pick Neal and gamble on a softer trade up for a B-tier guy like Howell or Ridder in the 2nd or 3rd.  That would take a bit less and we'd have our 23' first for a top QB if all fails.   

• Pie 2

2 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

Is not having a 2nd this year is killing us. I think it would cost too much and cripple us next draft. Possibly 23 and 24’s 1st plus a 2nd (23) and our 4th. I’m for getting a rookie QB with one 1st or even trading down and drafting one, but future 1st and 2nds would be too much IMO. 

That ship sailed. It's better to just take our medicine this year than scramble to try and recoup the lost draft capital and make it worse in the future.

It's the same thing that got us in trouble last draft, trying to be cute and add extra picks/players. Sometimes you just need to play the board and let that be the smart thing.

That's why I am firmly against trying to trade back into the first. We aren't 1 or 2 players away from being a good team. We can't keep acting like that and making bad trades. 

They preached patience to the fans while being insanely impulsive. They need to actually read the poo they sent us and finally believe it.

• Beer 1

9 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Should be off the table IMO. Gonna be virtually impossible to get another first and retain next year's first and that should be off the table. You cannot afford to let this crew that might not be here next year trade next year's #1.

We've made it this far into the offseason without them losing their minds and mortgaging the future. We just have to wait another month or so and we should mostly be out of the woods. 

This has been a nerve wracking offseason just waiting for them to set us back 4-5 years with some ignorant BS, win now moves.

• Pie 2

2 minutes ago, kungfoodude said:

We've made it this far into the offseason without them losing their minds and mortgaging the future. We just have to wait another month or so and we should mostly be out of the woods. 

This has been a nerve wracking offseason just waiting for them to set us back 4-5 years with some ignorant BS, win now moves.

Yep. Honestly, if I'm Tepper I'm telling them there's no trading of future draft picks without my approval and I'm saying that while knowing but keeping to myself that approval would be extremely difficult to come by.

• Beer 3

4 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yep. Honestly, if I'm Tepper I'm telling them there's no trading of future draft picks without my approval and I'm saying that while knowing but keeping to myself that approval would be extremely difficult to come by.

I hope Tepper is saying Fitt/Morgan get final say and Rhule needs to worry about coaching/winning games this year to keep his job. A coach on the hot seat with roster control is a great way to cripple a franchise… 

• Pie 2