• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Matt Rhule presser this morning

BurnNChinn

56 minutes ago, BurnNChinn said:

One of things that bothered me was he said they want tot keep Chinn at safety. I want him to play where he was in first season. 

He's not a ''true LB'er'' he was there because we had NOTHING behind Shaw after Luke retired. 

With Woods, Chinn will see plenty of ''box'' time as the strong safety position versus being the deep free safety. 

I dunno why people are so caught up on ''LB'' for him, it's a waste to ask him to engage OL, and shed blocks when it's obvious his speed / pursuit while kept clean is where he excels. 

Littleton / Wilson / Luvu alongside Shaq will be fine, this allows a more ''versatile'' role for Chinn to play off of that. 

• Pie 5

5 hours ago, SetfreexX said:

He's not a ''true LB'er'' he was there because we had NOTHING behind Shaw after Luke retired. 

With Woods, Chinn will see plenty of ''box'' time as the strong safety position versus being the deep free safety. 

I dunno why people are so caught up on ''LB'' for him, it's a waste to ask him to engage OL, and shed blocks when it's obvious his speed / pursuit while kept clean is where he excels. 

Littleton / Wilson / Luvu alongside Shaq will be fine, this allows a more ''versatile'' role for Chinn to play off of that. 

Call it what you want, but the point is that he was not one of the starting 2 safeties his rookie year. He was towards the line in a Joker/OLB type of role, and backing him out constantly will continue to neuter the playmaking skills he showed as a rookie.

Will they figure out some balance and ways to get him more into that role? Perhaps. But hearing that the team continues to view him as a safety/starting safety is not overly encouraging.