• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Neal

Mr. Scot

2 hours ago, saX man said:

He’s our pick if there. We like Penning over Icky so could be interesting if Icky is available with Neal gone at 6.

People here may be up in arms but we could go QB over Ekwonu. Not the case w Neal. 

Neal is a man amongst boys.

Nobody like Penning over Icky.

• Beer 2

2 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

Interesting. You think we aren’t as high on Icky? I’m unsure about Penning unless we trade down first…

I think Neal is #1 on most boards, but Ekwonu is not a consistent 2, although Ekwonu may be #1 on some, it's all team/coach/scheme dependent. 

There's a handful who are all about having more of the big bendable frame at the left with less looseness in pass protection.  Ekwonu gets a bit careless/sloppy but Penning is going to be very difficult to get around and will have little issue with having the bend down pat at his size in pass protection.  He's going to be an issue.  Ekwonu better overall right now, Penning, higher ceiling, athleticism+size combo with better pass protection and handwork.    

Just the whispers on my end.  (Which is basically SF and Indy FOs)

Edited by saX man

2 hours ago, saX man said:

He’s our pick if there. We like Penning over Icky so could be interesting if Icky is available with Neal gone at 6.

People here may be up in arms but we could go QB over Ekwonu. Not the case w Neal. 

Neal is a man amongst boys.

Ain’t no way we like Penning over Icky. I hope that’s a smokescreen because that is just dumb. Icky is younger and has proven more on the college level and is just the better overall prospect. 

I haven't scouted many prospects this year - I just don't have the time / will to do so.

I've briefly looked at the top OTs and QBs.

There's just something off about Neal. Take this play:

A man that big shouldn't be getting bodied like that. He was the #1 OT coming out of HS (#7 overall player) and he's received the best coaching in College. (there's a blatant hold on the long TD pass at 2:10 too)

With his size, athleticism and the coaching he's received he SHOULD be absolutely dominant, and I just don't see it. I think, much like coming out of HS, he's being ranked on the fact that he's the first guy off the bus rather than his on-field play. 

Edited by OldhamA

5 hours ago, OldhamA said:

I haven't scouted many prospects this year - I just don't have the time / will to do so.

I've briefly looked at the top OTs and QBs.

There's just something off about Neal. Take this play:

A man that big shouldn't be getting bodied like that. He was the #1 OT coming out of HS (#7 overall player) and he's received the best coaching in College. (there's a blatant hold on the long TD pass at 2:10 too)

With his size, athleticism and the coaching he's received he SHOULD be absolutely dominant, and I just don't see it. I think, much like coming out of HS, he's being ranked on the fact that he's the first guy off the bus rather than his on-field play. 

He tends to struggle at times with big DEs when they bull rush. He's not quite as powerful as you'd think he would be for a guy his size. His selling point is his excellent precise technique, quick hands and feet, getting into his set fast, timing when he shoots his hands perfectly, hand fighting, attention to detail, and some other great qualities. When it comes down to pure power in a dogfight with a big DE he doesn't dominate like you would hope given his mammoth size.

• Pie 1