• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Bruce Arians retiring from coaching

Mr. Scot

12 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

Why? He's a good coach and as far as I know a good man. If you haven't noticed there's a shortage of those right now. 

I certainly appreciate your take on BA as a person, and coach for that matter.  But he was in our division, and any thing that unsettles a division opponent is ok. 

• Beer 1

13 hours ago, Jon Snow said:

Why? He's a good coach and as far as I know a good man. If you haven't noticed there's a shortage of those right now. 

He seems like a pretty good dude, but as a coach, he's the guy that couldn't get it done until the GOAT QB fell in his lap. He's also the only coach that got outcoached by Ron Rivera in the playoffs. Also, fug the Bucs.

• Beer 1

Bruce Arians has always been a champion of minority coaches. Skip Bayless is a whole bitch for implying it was Arians vs. Brady. I hate that he helped Tampa win a SB, but he seems like a legitimately good dude, and giving Todd Bowles a shot in this way is pretty damn cool when you look at the nonsense other minority coaching candidates are up against. 

• Pie 1

33 minutes ago, Khaki Lackey said:

He seems like a pretty good dude, but as a coach, he's the guy that couldn't get it done until the GOAT QB fell in his lap. He's also the only coach that got outcoached by Ron Rivera in the playoffs. Also, fug the Bucs.

I agree with this. 

I don't think he was as good a coach as he was given credit for.  He almost refused to adjust his offensive game plan when the run was working or his philosophy was not.

His offensive philosophy produced results, but there was a definite ceiling to those.  Had Brady and probably a few other pieces not essentially been able to win whether he was on the sidelines or not, the Bucs would not have gotten over that ceiling.

• Beer 1

2 hours ago, Sgt Schultz said:

I agree with this. 

I don't think he was as good a coach as he was given credit for.  He almost refused to adjust his offensive game plan when the run was working or his philosophy was not.

His offensive philosophy produced results, but there was a definite ceiling to those.  Had Brady and probably a few other pieces not essentially been able to win whether he was on the sidelines or not, the Bucs would not have gotten over that ceiling.

• Beer 1

8 hours ago, OceanPanther said:

I certainly appreciate your take on BA as a person, and coach for that matter.  But he was in our division, and any thing that unsettles a division opponent is ok. 

I get that. I was probably that way at one point in my life. As I grew older I learned that the strong competition you face is what makes or breaks you.  What glory is there in beating up on a weakling? 

I just think the game is better when there is more great coaches and great teams.

My old ass opinion anyway. 

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1