• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Another issue with the Commanders...

Mr. Scot

44 minutes ago, Panthers Rhule said:

Rivera must be hating all of this. They brought him in to clean up their image but he can't do that with all this other poo happening all the time.

When is the NFL going to take that team away from that idiot?

Rivera is stuck between a rock and a hard place.  He can't do anything about the owner level infractions.  I just hope it doesn't make it's way down to him.

6 minutes ago, ThPantherFan said:

Rivera is stuck between a rock and a hard place.  He can't do anything about the owner level infractions.  I just hope it doesn't make it's way down to him.

There isn't much chance of that happening. I don't feel particularly bad for Ron because it isn't like Snyder wasn't a known scumbag before he took that position. 

• Beer 1

1 hour ago, ThPantherFan said:

Imagine the book RR could write right now.......jesus hes gone though about 100 full lifetimes of BS/stress. 

• Beer 1

Lop his head OFF!!

Is the "information" received by Congress good info?  Possibly...

Or might it be bad info?  Certainly possible as well...

I'll be surprised if this story has legs for multiple reasons:

(a)  The dollars involved are relatively small and shaving in this area would have zero impact on overall operation (~$400M total rev's).

(b)  This is an area the League Office can easily monitor on a consistent basis -- ticket sales are known.

(c)  Every year the Redskins are a net-gainer from the  shared "net-ticket-revenue" pool vs. what they put in ('Skins rank #31-of-32 in NFL home-attendance).

If this info proves to be accurate seems like the pilfering would be a result an embezzlement scheme by some ticket office or accounting employee vs. a starts-at-the-top w/ D. Snyder scheme to save $2 or $3 million. 

Dan's a doosh but this sort of low-level petty theft would be a waste of time for a man of his means...

Rolling Head GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Edited by SizzleBuzz
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, NanuqoftheNorth said:

JR looks like a choir boy in comparison to Snyder. 

No way should Daniel Snyder remain an NFL owner.

I'd replace him simply for selecting Commanders as the team's new name. 

JR had his faults, but I still believe that Richardson was forced out more so than he bowed out completely of his own willingness.  I was nearly certain other NFL owners had some dirt on them too (boy, do they EVER) but the moral outrage over the--while wrong-- minor transgressions seemed too much like a witch hunt to me.  While I agree it was about time to Jerry to turn over the keys to someone else, the way it went down was dubious at best.  Where would we be today if Jerry wasn't nudged out the door?  Who knows, but honestly could it be much worse?  Jerry's true handpicked choice in successor couldn't have been much worse than David Tepper.  Tepper has been an absolute disaster since the NFL chose him...ooops um, since he had the winning bid to buy the Panthers.

• Pie 1