• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Would you put it past Tepper to move the team?

Jmac

35 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

It’s so hilarious how everything I predict ends up getting flamed and then 6-12 months later, people say the same thing. 

Me, Fall 2020: Matt Rhule is the worst coach in the NFL.
Huddle, Fall 2020: Shut up idiot. Be patient. Matt has a plan. 
Huddle, Fall 2021: Matt Rhule is the worst coach in the NFL. 

Me, Fall 2021: Tepper is gonna end up moving the team to a different city. 
Huddle, Fall 2021: Shut up idiot. Be patient. Tepper would never move this team. 
Huddle, Spring 2022: Tepper is gonna end up moving the team to a different city.

Ice Hockey GIF by NHL

hey! hey! pay attention to me!

• Pie 3

I keep seeing people say this, but where would he actually move them to outside the Carolinas? The pickins are slim.

St Louis? They still have no stadium, have lost teams twice, and probably not the base to add value.

Salt Lake City? No stadium and probably at their limit for teams to split local corporate dollars.

Portland? No stadium, unlikely to build one, and probably too close to Seattle.

Oakland? A dump of a stadium, soon to lose the A's, already lost the Raiders, and the region has moved on. 

San Antonio? No stadium, decent market size when combined with Austin, but the Texans AND Cowboys won't let it happen.

Orlando? Maybe, but FL may be at it's market max.

Louisville? Colts territory likely--and again, no stadium.

Toronto? Maybe--definitely better choice than any US option.

London? Maybe--same situation as Toronto.

So it's Toronto or London--and if we hear of them starting discussions with either place, I wouldn't worry as a fan. The government will and give them new digs, but that's the extent of it.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, Carl Spackler said:

It’s so hilarious how everything I predict ends up getting flamed and then 6-12 months later, people say the same thing. 

Me, Fall 2020: Matt Rhule is the worst coach in the NFL.
Huddle, Fall 2020: Shut up idiot. Be patient. Matt has a plan. 
Huddle, Fall 2021: Matt Rhule is the worst coach in the NFL. 

Me, Fall 2021: Tepper is gonna end up moving the team to a different city. 
Huddle, Fall 2021: Shut up idiot. Be patient. Tepper would never move this team. 
Huddle, Spring 2022: Tepper is gonna end up moving the team to a different city.

No one cares carl

• Pie 1

I don’t care what Tepper does 

His nfl decisions haven’t exactly been stellar

if the reports are true, if only he dropped  Rhule as quickly as his little pet project in South Carolina 

I have enjoyed the Panthers in Charlotte but life goes on whether they stay or go

but as far as Tepper as a. Owner and his decisions or his hurt feelings or hardball, my ‘give a damn’ is broken  

• Pie 3
  • Beer 2

1 hour ago, BrisbanePanther said:

I keep seeing people say this, but where would he actually move them to outside the Carolinas? The pickins are slim.

St Louis? They still have no stadium, have lost teams twice, and probably not the base to add value.

Salt Lake City? No stadium and probably at their limit for teams to split local corporate dollars.

Oakland? A dump of a stadium, soon to lose the A's, already lost the Raiders, and the region has moved on. 

San Antonio? No stadium, decent market size when combined with Austin, but the Texans AND Cowboys won't let it happen.

So it's Toronto or London--and if we hear of them starting discussions with either place, I wouldn't worry as a fan. The government will and give them new digs, but that's the extent of it.

His little alliance with Germany comes to mind 

the nfl wants to expand to Europe.  Jax has been talked about for years going over to London.  

it would not surprise me either if Tepper went to Germany. More power to him 

Edited by raleigh-panther

4 hours ago, BrisbanePanther said:

Brisbane will do fug the Broncos off haha

• Pie 1
  • Flames 1

I don't see it as being a viable solution right now.  Sure the Rock Hill stuff is going sideways, but then again Rock Hill wasn't ready to commit to a project that big and ambitious.  But they will get things worked out sooner rather than later.

Tepper knows that the area is ripe for making a ton of money.  He'll get money from CharMeck for a new stadium.  Moving a team is very expensive and a lot of communities see that the value add of bringing a new team in isn't as great as it has been in the past.  Thanks cheaper 65" TVs.  Right now, the NFL and Panthers are one of the most popular events in town.  Moving out means starting over, and there's just not the market there was 10 years ago.

Why ANYONE would put it past him, I don't know. But I hope that he never does it because fans would abandon his team in droves. 

All the CAROLINA Panthers sh¡t that I've bought over the years...

He wasn't my first or second choice. No loyalty to the region, it seems. He bought the Panthers, but he may not have bought in to Carolina. We will know when and if he does, but he isn't there as of this moment.

• Pie 1

1 hour ago, d-dave said:

I don't see it as being a viable solution right now.  Sure the Rock Hill stuff is going sideways, but then again Rock Hill wasn't ready to commit to a project that big and ambitious.  But they will get things worked out sooner rather than later.

Tepper knows that the area is ripe for making a ton of money.  He'll get money from CharMeck for a new stadium.  Moving a team is very expensive and a lot of communities see that the value add of bringing a new team in isn't as great as it has been in the past.  Thanks cheaper 65" TVs.  Right now, the NFL and Panthers are one of the most popular events in town.  Moving out means starting over, and there's just not the market there was 10 years ago.

Starting over? You mean like gutting your fanbase with unpopular moves, trying to fleece a bedroom city out of money for a new team headquarters, and posturing that you plan to do the same to your home city for a new stadium at the earliest possible opportunity?

Sure looks like Tepper has already crossed the "starting over" bridge.

• Pie 1