• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

KC looking to trade up into top 10.

48 minutes ago, ECHornet said:

You’re still wishing for that after Fields’s rookie campaign? I’ll pass until he shows he’s actually a better QB than Darnold. They were pretty comparable (trash) last year. 

Yeah the rookie QB who went 2-8 as a starter with 7 TD passes, 10 interceptions, and 12 fumbles is the guy everyone is still complaining about us not drafting.  Like I totally get not calling him a bust or anything and I'm expecting a much better sophomore year, but anyone who watched that rookie season and thinks *at this point* "CAN'T BELIEVE WE PASSED THAT UP" is honestly bizarre.

• Pie 8
  • Beer 1

1 hour ago, ForJimmy said:

Absolutely!  He had Nagy and was in and out of the lineup because of Dalton with a bad OL and still flashed some potential.  Rookie years are hard to judge anyway, see any rookie from that class not name Mac Jones (who really didn't have to do much in his offense).  Yeah I would take Fields in a heartbeat now.  Darnold was a 4th year Pro on his second team and still looked like ass.  

Darnold had Brady and a terrible OLine.

• Pie 2

1 hour ago, MasterAwesome said:

Yeah the rookie QB who went 2-8 as a starter with 7 TD passes, 10 interceptions, and 12 fumbles is the guy everyone is still complaining about us not drafting.  Like I totally get not calling him a bust or anything and I'm expecting a much better sophomore year, but anyone who watched that rookie season and thinks *at this point* "CAN'T BELIEVE WE PASSED THAT UP" is honestly bizarre.

If you didn't want a QB last year that's understandable. But doing victory laps because he didn't look like a ROTY after heading to the QB wasteland known as the Chicago Bears with a lame duck head coach is strange. One of the yokels giving you a thumbs up for this is a Sam Darnold Stan so not exactly very logical company you're in there but enjoy.

• Pie 4
  • Beer 1

15 minutes ago, frankw said:

If you didn't want a QB last year that's understandable. But doing victory laps because he didn't look like a ROTY after heading to the QB wasteland known as the Chicago Bears with a lame duck head coach is strange. One of the yokels giving you a thumbs up for this is a Sam Darnold Stan so not exactly very logical company you're in there but enjoy.

Fields is garbage as is every other QB taken last year. Move along. 

• Pie 2

36 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

Darnold had Brady and a terrible OLine.

Darnold isn’t a rookie and is on his second team so it’s really odd to compare him to a rookie aside from the fact he still makes rookie mistakes and probably will for the rest of his career. 

7 minutes ago, frankw said:

What's your QB solution?

Well it certainly isn't dwelling on losing out on Justin Fields, because that wasn't much of a loss. It's sign Cam, as i've stated in every other post. These QB's are being hyped because ESPN loves to hype them. This will be the year where drafting later will find more gems. But yeah, sign Cam since he'd have his best line in his career, take the Left Tackle at 6 and if we suck, we roll QB next year. If not, Cam is here for a few years.

3 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I think the NFL is just evolving away from the slow and steady "build the roster" model and honestly for good reason. Football is such a violent sport that you never know when one of your superstars may get derailed dumping your slow and steady progress on it's head. Hell, we had it happen to us with Cam.

Teams are getting a lot more aggressive of trying to take advantage of their opportunity to strike while the iron is hot and it's probably smart.

I think it depends where you are. We did that last year to an extent thinking we were close and we clearly weren't.  But I can absolutely see KC going big given they expect the postseason every year and don't want to waste Mahomes with too little talent. For teams only a few players away I can see them being aggressive. If we get a QB in the draft and it doesn't pan out again, we could be swinging for the fence again next year and being one of those teams.

• Pie 1