• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

KC looking to trade up into top 10.

7 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I think the NFL is just evolving away from the slow and steady "build the roster" model and honestly for good reason. Football is such a violent sport that you never know when one of your superstars may get derailed dumping your slow and steady progress on it's head. Hell, we had it happen to us with Cam.

Teams are getting a lot more aggressive of trying to take advantage of their opportunity to strike while the iron is hot and it's probably smart.

I definitely  concur!!! Look at all the top players that get hurt at skill positions (McCaffrey, Obj, Henry, Zeke, Allen and etc) and its clear that the 2nd contracts are becoming more farce across the league.  

7 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

I think the NFL is just evolving away from the slow and steady "build the roster" model and honestly for good reason. Football is such a violent sport that you never know when one of your superstars may get derailed dumping your slow and steady progress on it's head. Hell, we had it happen to us with Cam.

Teams are getting a lot more aggressive of trying to take advantage of their opportunity to strike while the iron is hot and it's probably smart.

Also, slow and steady has nothing to do with anything.  You build with whatever you can scrape up to make at team.

Until you have a qb you are building. Whether it's "slow and steady" is predicated on how well your FO is at identifying talent and have the capability of acquiring them.

So this "new" way of building is just repackaged "going all in" that fans think is what's holding their team back. 

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

For what its worth would still be a negative trade. They'd need their 3rd to get over the point value. 

Only reason I bring it up is because of the teams Camp Confidential series that showed our draft room and Teppers incisitence to tell teams to quit calling with negative trade offers. So I'm assuming they're using some form of draft charts, whether it's the ones we use who knows. 

• Pie 1

12 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Nope. And we shouldn't have last year either. We were sitting there on the clock with a guy in Fields who would hands down be the #1 QB available in this draft and have us all drooling to take him at #6 expecting him not to he there but NOPE! Let's take a CB and lean on Darnold!

Man I was screaming for Fields last year and when he was there at 8 and passed I was crushed.  Don't get me wrong I love Horn, you just don't see many teams that draft a QB in the top 10 turn it around quickly.  The Lions with Okudah, Jags with Ramsey, the Cards way back when they drafted Peterson.  A shutdown CB is more of a "luxury" position IMO.  We should have Fields, no Sam extension (honestly no Sam trade, but that happened first), the $18.5 million extra cap space and in prime position to grab a LT to complete our OL for Fields...

• Pie 4
  • Beer 2

42 minutes ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

Was reading this article and says they would give both firsts and a 2nd to move up.

Those picks 29,30 and 50.

To me that is too low to get any position we want unless Howell or Ridder would be a target.

Thoughts

Chiefs Trade Rumor Is Swirling: NFL World Reacts (msn.com)

I’d need that 1st next year as well at least. That’s a huge jump. Could potentially still get good players but Fitts process is usually there are 12 1st round players in a draft. Adding the 2 would be nice. But need another 1st next year to give flexibility to move back up if we wanted to. 

7 minutes ago, ForJimmy said:

Man I was screaming for Fields last year and when he was there at 8 and passed I was crushed.  Don't get me wrong I love Horn, you just don't see many teams that draft a QB in the top 10 turn it around quickly.  The Lions with Okudah, Jags with Ramsey, the Cards way back when they drafted Peterson.  A shutdown CB is more of a "luxury" position IMO.  We should have Fields, no Sam extension (honestly no Sam trade, but that happened first), the $18.5 million extra cap space and in prime position to grab a LT to complete our OL for Fields...

If you don't have a QB, then QB is ALWAYS your #1 need with your #2 need becoming almost irrelevant.

You'd never get them to admit it, but they didn't think we needed a QB at all. They truly believed in Sam Darnold and that is a terrifying thought.

• Pie 5

24 minutes ago, Lurk21 said:

I definitely  concur!!! Look at all the top players that get hurt at skill positions (McCaffrey, Obj, Henry, Zeke, Allen and etc) and its clear that the 2nd contracts are becoming more farce across the league.  

I don't think they're a farce (except for RBs, yeah don't do that) but every NFL player is one severe injury away from never being the same and severe injuries occur with regularity in football.

• Beer 1

28 minutes ago, SteveSmithTD89 said:

For what its worth would still be a negative trade. They'd need their 3rd to get over the point value. 

Only reason I bring it up is because of the teams Camp Confidential series that showed our draft room and Teppers incisitence to tell teams to quit calling with negative trade offers. So I'm assuming they're using some form of draft charts, whether it's the ones we use who knows. 

Did the math and unless I was using the wrong chart, it seems that their 29, 30, and 50 are just over our 1600 point value for pick 6.

• Pie 1

Pretty sure Garrett Wilson is being viewed on a Jefferson/Chase level tier and will be a major target for a team.  Seeing how guys like Deebo, Chase, and Kupp have put their teams over the top, I foresee a team gunning for him hard.  And I will be jealous of whoever gets him.  

Just now, travisura said:

Did the math and unless I was using the wrong chart, it seems that their 29, 30, and 50 are just over our 1600 point value for pick 6.

You're probably right since I completly glossed over and missed they had two seconds and I used 62 instead of 50. 

29,30,50 does get us there.