• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

KC looking to trade up into top 10.

Going by the "official" trade value chart 29 + 30 + 50 are almost exactly the same value as 6. Numbers wise it's a fair trade. I'd probably do it, though I'd try to get them to throw in a future 3rd as well.

Missing out on a top player would suck, but you're looking at 3 pretty early draft picks. The Panthers aren't one player away from winning a championship (or even two or three) so it makes sense.

• Pie 3

17 hours ago, DaveThePanther2008 said:

Was reading this article and says they would give both firsts and a 2nd to move up.

Those picks 29,30 and 50.

To me that is too low to get any position we want unless Howell or Ridder would be a target.

Thoughts

Chiefs Trade Rumor Is Swirling: NFL World Reacts (msn.com)

The temptation, for me, is definitely there to take the deal, maybe make them throw in another 3rd or 4th rounder. They have 2 picks in each of the first 4 rounds. IF (and it's a big if) we see BC as a starting LT, it's a no brainer. Obviously, if we feel the need to draft our starting LT, the lower our pick the better.

KC's 2022 picks

1. 1st round (29th overall)
  2. 1st round (30th overall)
  3. 2nd round (50th overall)
  4. 2nd round (62nd overall)
  5. 3rd round (94th overall)
  6. 3rd round (103rd overall)
  7. 4th round (121st overall)
  8. 4th round (135th overall)
  9. 7th round (234th overall)
  10. 7th round (244th overall)
  11. 7th round (252nd overall)
  12. 7th round (260th overall)

12 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yeah, I'd be totally broken up if we missed out on drafting a CB who played two games and then trashed his ACL.

Truth is we’re probably better off with Darnold than Fields. The only thing better with Fields thus far is more excitement bc we’d cling to the hope he could improve. 

Reality is he looks to be a mediocre or worse NFL QB and we would waste 3+ more years holding onto that hope of improvement. At least we know we need to move on from Darnold. Here’s to finding someone to replace him that puts up numbers twice as good as Fields last year.

Edited by ECHornet

4 minutes ago, ECHornet said:

Truth is we’re probably better off with Darnold than Fields. The only thing better with Fields thus far is more excitement bc we’d cling to the hope he could improve. 

Reality is he looks to be a mediocre or worse NFL QB and we would waste 3+ more years holding onto that hope of improvement. At least we know we need to move on from Darnold. Here’s to finding someone to replace him that puts up numbers twice as good as Fields last year.

2nd round pick gone and 19 million guaranteed if he plays or not all for nothing. Reality says you are wrong.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

12 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Yeah, I'd be totally broken up if we missed out on drafting a CB who played two games and then trashed his ACL.

You should have told them of your great prognostication skills. Please enlighten us as to which player will be the first one injured this year. 

Does that even match points wise? I don't think it's even close. They would have to throw in more picks to move into the top 10. Like future first and 2nd rounders. Lol

Edit: just checked and it's the equivalent of a 2nd round pick off points wise, so yea KC would have to include more to move that far up. More likely it would be 3 first round picks both of this year's plus next and the 2nd. 

Edited by carpanfan96

52 minutes ago, frankw said:

2nd round pick gone and 19 million guaranteed if he plays or not all for nothing. Reality says you are wrong.

I’ll wait for all of your objective reasons Fields is a better NFL QB than Darnold, and why we would be better off with him for the next 3+ years instead of Darnold for 1 more. 

Dang, that is tempting... so incredibly tempting.

Late first round picks can be very good ones and the Oline depth in this draft makes it possible. I'd really say have them on the phone until that fifth pick is made and if our number one choice on the draft boards isn't still there, or one of the top two LTs isn't there, then pull the trigger and trade.

40 minutes ago, ECHornet said:

I’ll wait for all of your objective reasons Fields is a better NFL QB than Darnold, and why we would be better off with him for the next 3+ years instead of Darnold for 1 more. 

Are you being serious? Darnold's value has quite literally catered. We cannot give him away. Even if we had Fields and he did not bounce back you still have him on a rookie contract and he will have some level of trade value. Whereas Sam is....zilch.

18 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

Jesus H Christ you cannot be serious

I am. I prefer to be in our current situation than in one where we’re locked into Fields for 3 more years without Horn. At least there is light at the end of the tunnel with Darnold’s last year under contract here. Fields, to date, is another Darnold and I’m glad we’re not locked into that longer term.