• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Matt Corral

Jmac

39 minutes ago, Jmac said:

Could the Panthers be throwing BS and really not interested in Willis or Pickett, but actually looking at this guy. Know he is from a smaller program, but looks like he has the arm and the athletic ability to go to the next level. Word that the Saints really want Pickett or Willis and willing to trade picks for either one. They can have them. Would you guys take a shot at him?  He may go in the first round, so waiting past that may be a risk. Possibly trade back and snatch him in late first round along with a decent LT in 2nd?

Peter Schrager was talking about this on GMF, but at 6.

I throw him ahead but in this Carson Strong batch of guys that seemingly check most boxes if you're looking at the x's and o's & from the outside, but all indicators are that they aren't viewed as highly from the side of the scouting teams and coaches.  Now, whether that's a smokescreen or the reality is the big question.  Are the online mockers just viewing it incorrectly or what's the deal? 

My instinct is telling me there was likely some pause for teams for a combo of his footwork, system & maturity.  But maybe the process has opened it up and FOs view him a bit more favorably.

• Beer 1

If you believe in a QB you get him no matter what pick it is IMO

If you have any doubts or not sure then stay the hell away from him unless you're taking a flier in later rounds.

The only problem with the Panthers staff is I have no faith in their ability to evaluate QBs. Unless your pinning the Teddy and Darnold signings 100% on Joe Brady.

Edited by Pantha-kun
  • Pie 2
  • Beer 1

I honestly have no idea anymore with this QB class.  I wouldn't take any of these QBs top-12 (where that QB needy team "must-grab" tier usually ends around).  Corral, Pickett and Willis are more like a Mac Jones situation where maybe a team trades up if they fall far enough or a team just decides to roll with him right around pick 10-15.  

It just really seems like a reach with so many unknowns about them all.  I'm really not a fan of any.  I see the least issues with Howell, but we won't be in a place for him without moving around.  There's just something off with the energy around Corral through this process.  That usually means it's either teams trying to be quiet about a guy they like or there are legitimate concerns with him.  I waver on the latter.

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, top dawg said:

It all stemmed from a fight he got into with Wayne Gretzky's kid. He made some comments about the rich being entitled and receiving special treatment.

This is a short read: https://www.nfldraftdiamonds.com/2021/10/matt-corral-7/

That's it? There's gotta be more than that.

Hell, if I had to answer for stuff I said or did back when I was young and stupid, I suspect I'd have gotten turned down for a job or two myself.

(and I doubt I'm the only one who can say that) 

• Pie 4

57 minutes ago, Jmac said:

Could the Panthers be throwing BS and really not interested in Willis or Pickett, but actually looking at this guy. Know he is from a smaller program, but looks like he has the arm and the athletic ability to go to the next level. Word that the Saints really want Pickett or Willis and willing to trade picks for either one. They can have them. Would you guys take a shot at him?  He may go in the first round, so waiting past that may be a risk. Possibly trade back and snatch him in late first round along with a decent LT in 2nd?

Haven't really thought about it but that is a possibility.  Not for sure he's a first round prospect but you never know.

Just now, Mr. Scot said:

That's it? There's gotta be more than that.

Hell, if I had to answer for stuff I said or did back when I was young and stupid, I suspect I'd have gotten turned down for a job or two myself.

(and I doubt I'm the only one who can say that) 

That's pretty much it as I can see. Now of course he has had depression (maybe all stemming from that, IDK), but are we really going to hold that against him? I mean, I guess someone might, but I won't.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/sports.yahoo.com/amphtml/matt-corral-opens-up-on-battle-with-depression-sugar-bowl-injury-as-he-aims-to-be-qb-1-this-draft-020308363.html

18 minutes ago, LinvilleGorge said:

More the latter. Johnny Football type vibes.

I wouldn’t go that far. He is the leader of his team and seems to have the respect of the locker room. Practiced his craft and had a huge jump this year from the previous working with Kiffin (I don’t think Manziel had work ethic. Seemed like a party boy). I also like that Corral has been open about going through depression and stopping drinking. That shows a lot of maturity to me. He is fiery on the field, but so are Brady and Rodgers. You want a little of that fiery attitude from your QB. We all know Cam had it. 

• Pie 1