• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Kyler Murray deal in Arizona getting very interesting.

NCTHFL0567

2 minutes ago, MHS831 said:

You know, the players' union needs to soon realize that the majority of the new money is going to one position.

The Players' Union is in a tough bind if guys aren't willing to play out their rookie contracts.

The owners won't stand for that.

• Pie 1
  • Beer 1

40 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

The Players' Union is in a tough bind if guys aren't willing to play out their rookie contracts.

Exactly!! If the NFL  starts having to go the route of the NBA, then some major changes(extreme increase in cap space n etc) will have to come!!

58 minutes ago, OldhamA said:

I love these conversations you can see who will immediately shift to a "greedy players" take while overlooking the owners pulling in tens of billions annually which is only increasing btw. If the owners have a problem with other players not playing out contracts then they should stop overseeing record breaking deals for their own respective rosters that instantly raise contracts across the board for every other team.

• Pie 2
  • Beer 2

He is only good when he is mobile.  When he was hurt last year and came back (not very mobile) he was not worth a crap.  Over time as we've seen with most mobile guys they lose that and they are not really effective anymore.  I am not sure he has the goods to be the stand in passer type.  I would not want to make a trade for him to come to Carolina.  

22 hours ago, Mr. Scot said:

I'm not yet convinced that Murray is worth that kind of money, especially after his playoff performance and his "I just wing it" comments.

To be fair Mahomes said similar and that he only learned how to read defenses three years ago

Edited by MechaZain

20 hours ago, jb2288 said:

It's not the early 2000's anymore. Any QB that is healthy and a pro bowler will be getting a $40 mil deal, that's just how it is now. We make him the highest paid QB, he'll be out of the top 5 in two years and the deal looks good. If you want to win, you gotta play the game 

In the future there needs to be some kinda separate pool of money for QBs in the salary cap. Having one guy, no matter how good he is, take up damn near 25% of your cap is not a sustainable situation. Especially when guys like Carr are now getting 40 mil a year. Price is only going up dramatically moving forward. 

9 hours ago, ForJimmy said:

I just want more threads like the Watson trade threads. We learned about Garry Cobb and egg penises. We laughed, cried and good times were had…

Some of the most good clean fun I’ve ever had on the internet. No bullshit 

3 hours ago, joemac said:

In the future there needs to be some kinda separate pool of money for QBs in the salary cap. Having one guy, no matter how good he is, take up damn near 25% of your cap is not a sustainable situation. Especially when guys like Carr are now getting 40 mil a year. Price is only going up dramatically moving forward. 

Good point.

Put another way, the Packers total-revenues (prior to any kind of expense) are approx. $375M and Whiny Aaron is going to clip $50,000,000 of that right off the top 🤑

Screw these whiny QB's... 🖕 ...STFU & show up & earn your damn pay 👊

17 hours ago, MHS831 said:

You know, the players' union needs to soon realize that the majority of the new money is going to one position.

Doesn't seem at all equitable 🧐

Is the collective mindset such that a bunch of Whiny Aaron's $50,000,000 should be subject to wealth distribution...?

Spend it for him11!

• Pie 1

22 hours ago, Barney said:

He is only good when he is mobile.  When he was hurt last year and came back (not very mobile) he was not worth a crap.  Over time as we've seen with most mobile guys they lose that and they are not really effective anymore.  I am not sure he has the goods to be the stand in passer type.  I would not want to make a trade for him to come to Carolina.  

Wasn't his injury to his throwing shoulder? Mobile or not, seems that would be more the culprit than mobility?