• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

K.Murray...rumor has it...

Jmac

3 minutes ago, top dawg said:

All speculation. Two first round picks and additional picks/players is likely good enough. The Texans didn't even get what they wanted for Watson. 

Just my opinion: any GM willing to trade three first round picks for Murray is foolish. 

I hate trading picks but if it was only 2 firsts I’d do it in a heartbeat. Also would be nice if Arizona would take Darnold.

1 hour ago, Stuart Smith said:

If Mara has any credibility, Giants are committed to their quarterback for this year. Murray wants Arizona to pay him. 

He's only in his starting his 4th year of his rookie deal.  He wants a new contract now but Arizona has no obligation to pay him for what he want.  

He wants big bucks and we aren't in any position to increase our QB room with another outrageous contract.   

He won't be a Panther

45 minutes ago, top dawg said:

All speculation. Two first round picks and additional picks/players is likely good enough. The Texans didn't even get what they wanted for Watson. 

Just my opinion: any GM willing to trade three first round picks for Murray is foolish. 

It would most likely be in the range of the Russel Wilson trade. The Saints dont have the ammo if they are using their 1sts this year. Arizona doesnt want that.

2 hours ago, shaq said:

I hate trading picks but if it was only 2 firsts I’d do it in a heartbeat. Also would be nice if Arizona would take Darnold.

Two 1sts AND paying him like a top 5 QB. The fact that Arizona seems to be balking on paying him has me balking on whether it would be a good idea to both trade for him AND pay him.

• Flames 2

Rather than parroting the whole, "he doesn't watch film" as a problem with Murray, I used the Googlebox to see where that even came from. Turns out it's from here:

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/12/23/sports/football/kyler-murray.html

Other gems from the article include:

“I knew what I wanted to do in my life,” Murray said. “In order to get there, going out and doing drugs, none of that was for me. I’ve never smoked in my life. I want to be the greatest to ever play. That’s always been my mentality.”

"Probing deeper into that mentality, one M.L.B. team, while scouting him heading into the draft, developed a psychological profile. The results revealed traits that signified an elite mental makeup: intense competitiveness and both an inability to understand losing and cope with it."

“Kyler doesn’t have the ability to be empathetic out there. If you don’t want to win, if you don’t want to compete, he literally doesn’t understand it. It doesn’t compute in his brain.”

There's tons of other points in the article, which while it may be a bit of a puff piece, tells me for sure that if he's available, you go get him today. 

Then again, as Panther fans, we're used to "aw, shucks, better luck next time". Win or else might turn us off.

• Pie 2

If Murray is available, you go get him.  It really is the only light you can see at the end of the QB tunnel for the foreseeable future, seeing as how we have backed ourselves into this corner...  say what you want, but he's a proven winner and producer in the NFL at an elite level.  He's a known commodity, and as the stats bear out, its a total crap shoot with drafting QBs high and hoping they become Murray, with teams more often than not whiffing big time.

It would fix our biggest issue and is a lot easier to build around once you have that proven guy in there versus what we're trying to do now in building all of the pieces first and then hoping you happen upon some miracle like Seattle did with Russ.  Even guys like Jimmy G and Mayfield are not exciting because we know they're those middling type guys who are just good enough to QB teams to the playoffs but not good enough to get them over the top...  so until we find an elite talent there, we know we'll be spinning our wheels for awhile.

• Pie 1

3 hours ago, LinvilleGorge said:

Two 1sts AND paying him like a top 5 QB. The fact that Arizona seems to be balking on paying him has me balking on whether it would be a good idea to both trade for him AND pay him.

People wanted to trade significantly more for someone who might not even play next season. Totally reasonable to want to trade for a franchise QB. You eventually have to pay a franchise QB regardless. 

• Pie 1