• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Why the Panthers should take a QB (article)

Growl

Rumors are the Steelers are talking to the Giants about #7.  Why #7 and not #6?  I think everyone in the League knows our QB interest in the draft at #6 is 100% smoke.  Rhule+rookie QB=canned...everyone knows this.  However, the Falcons' interest in Willis at #8 seems legit, so that's why they are poking around at #7 pick.

8 minutes ago, mrcompletely11 said:

It would be my wet dream for Pickett to go to NO and Willis to Atlanta.   Let those franchises deal with that garbage

I know some people believe this is a terrible class but with our luck one of them would go on to be a thorn in our side for years. That's just how things go for this snakebit franchise.

• Pie 1

The only thing that gives me pause that we might take a qb is mcadoo and fitterers comments. Mcadoo has been so right on the money the past five seasons with qbs. He had Mahomes, Allen and Lamar #1 and #2 in their respective classes. Those are the rawest 3 prospects in their classes who turned into mvp’s or in mvp discussions with Allen. My hope is that they override rhules dumbass and take Malik at 6 and the majority of this board melts the fug down while I laugh and clap. 

Edited by TheRumGone

3 hours ago, CRA said:

There are people here who want an OT at #6 because this is an OT draft.....and we haven't had a decent OL in a long time.   Which is the key cog along w/ QB to have offense in the NFL. 

I want an OT because I think that the talent level is higher there than at QB and LT is one of our key positions of need. That's not to say that QB isn't or couldn't be the pick, I am just saying that for me, I haven't seen the QB tape that makes me look at one of them and say "that's our future." 

If we had the 2nd and 3rd round picks to pursue some of our other needs, I'd be more open to QB at 6, buy we don't have those picks. I will say it really bothers me that we brought in Campen to evaluate our line talent but Rhule has the ultimate say in who starts. Why hire these guys if you aren't going to listen to them. 

I'm higher on OT because it's the perfect fit  Valued position, team need, draft strength and player ranking..

We need LT, the position is valued at our draft pick, the players are ranked in that area of the draft ...

It's really that simple..

Without adding in lame duck coaching staff..

Edited by WOW!!
  • Pie 1

3 hours ago, Growl said:

It’s not. I agree wholeheartedly with what TRG said. They’ve spent enormous resources on building the 1980’s football team that so many here want in accordance with Matt rhules archaic philosophy on football since he got here, and the fanbase will be the ones reaping the whirlwind, some of them gladly.

id love to be wrong but it seems pretty obvious they’re just gonna stay put and take the third best offensive tackle in the class, before drafting #10 next season when we’re all having the exact same discussion (well not me, pretty sure I’m done)

at this point it’s probably just best to hope the QBs don’t go to the teams you hate. 

Doubt it, Tepper will overrule Rhule this years and take a QB. Unless they have a Baker trade in the works is gonna be QB.

1 hour ago, WOW!! said:

I'm higher on OT because it's the perfect fit  Valued position, team need, draft strength and player ranking..

We need LT, the position is valued at our draft pick, the players are ranked in that area of the draft ...

It's really that simple..

Without adding in lame duck coaching staff..

Huge need + top tier talent = You Think Wow GIF by Bounce

Huge need + mediocre talent = Bored Gilligans Island GIF by TV Land Classic