• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

David Tepper to speak to media at noon today

jamos14

1 minute ago, w280sax said:

I do think our overall talent level is improved from 2 years ago.  The gaping hole at qb makes everything look bad.  That is progress and foundation imo.

Our roster was gutted when rhule was hired.  They have swung and missed at qb twice now but there is no choice but to keep swinging. 

There were a lot of holes on this roster when Rhule took over for sure. But how many were actually improved..

OL---I'd say no (unless this year show dramatic improvement-it should)

QB--- Nope

WRs-- About the same (Maybe better if Robby plays better)

TEs-- no real improvement yet

IDL- about the same I think (debateable)

Edge- Better rushers with Reddick---worse against the run--Reddick is gone so..hard to determine

LB- No improvement really 

Safety- A little better

CBs--About the same IMO (maybe Horn changes that if he stays healthy)

I just don't see much improvement and I think the Win/Loss record the last few years supports my opinion. This year maybe some of the new pieces will help. I hope so.

• Pie 1

Tepper seems to support Rhule more than has been reported. I can actually appreciate his remarks regarding patience and building a foundation. The thing is, I was kind of believing what he was saying until he said Darnold is a very good QB. That's where he kinda lost me and I began to question whether he's just optimistic to a fault, spouting PR bullet points, or just being disingenuous. 

That presser was an absolute waste of time.

Tepper: I’m here to talk football. Not going to talk about Rock Hill or soccer. Please ask me a football question.

Reporter: *Asks a football question*

Tepper: I’m not going to comment on that. That’s really a question for Fitterer. Next time u see him, you can ask him that one.

What in the actual F was the point of today?!

• Pie 1

Just now, Michael G said:

There were a lot of holes on this roster when Rhule took over for sure. But how many were actually improved..

OL---I'd say no (unless this year show dramatic improvement-it should)

QB--- Nope

WRs-- About the same (Maybe better if Robby plays better)

TEs-- no real improvement yet

IDL- about the same I think (debateable)

Edge- Better rushers with Reddick---worse against the run--Reddick is gone so..hard to determine

LB- No improvement really 

Safety- A little better

CBs--About the same IMO (maybe Horn changes that if he stays healthy)

I just don't see much improvement and I think the Win/Loss record the last few years supports my opinion. This year maybe some of the new pieces will help. I hope so.

I'm definitely the optimistic type (and mentally project out best case for additions we havent seen yet) but a lot of your argument is fair imo. 

I would disagree at cb/s.  I think that our secondary was lousy at the start of 2020 and is definitely improved.

• Pie 1

Anybody else find it weird with his answer to committing to keeping the panthers in Charlotte?

He said multiple times that Charlotte makes the most sense for the CAROLINA Panthers. He said this a couple times and emphasized “Carolina” every time. I took that as “so long as the team remains in the Carolinas, then yea”. Didn’t answer the question. A simple “yes” was all we needed. Not some round about politician answer.

• Pie 1