• Welcome!

Register and log in easily with Twitter or Google accounts!

Or simply create a new Huddle account. 

Members receive fewer ads , access our dark theme, and the ability to join the discussion!

Round 2-3 predictions. Do the Panthers get a pick,?

Zod

3 minutes ago, tiger7_88 said:

Back in the 2000 draft, only one QB was selected in the first two rounds (Chad Pennington).

I bet people were saying “there are no franchise QBs in this draft” back then too. 

When you have to go back 20+ years to try to make a point your point might not be all that great.

5 minutes ago, Jon Snow said:

It's the sad situation we find ourselves in. Let's not make it worse by making desperate decisions. A qb will fall into the fourth round. Most likely several will because they are all developmental qbs this year. It is what it is.

I could see them moving up a few spots if one they think could turn into something.  There will be a few slide down, way down. I'm guessing there be one go undrafted that shocks everyone.

I agree. Fingers crossed.

My post was just another instance of regret of this organization's foolish expenditure of valuable draft capital on “rescue project” veterans because Rhule thinks he’s the smartest person in the room in whatever room he finds himself in. 

1 minute ago, tiger7_88 said:

Back in the 2000 draft, only one QB was selected in the first two rounds (Chad Pennington).

I bet people were saying “there are no franchise QBs in this draft” back then too. 

There have been a couple of years where they should have said it, 2013 comes to mind. It's rare but it does happen.

We've got nothing of real value to trade that we don't need. And we can't trade away our future draft picks and mortgage our future (especially in light of how reluctant top end vets are to come here at the moment). 

We're staying put and taking what we can get when day 3 comes around.

• Beer 1

2 minutes ago, tiger7_88 said:

I agree. Fingers crossed.

My post was just another instance of regret of this organization's foolish expenditure of valuable draft capital on “rescue project” veterans because Rhule thinks he’s the smartest person in the room in whatever room he finds himself in. 

I think those days have come to an end. Now they may be forced to sign another vet to hold the reins until they get a draftee ready but it's only because of necessity and not a reclamation project. 

• Beer 1

1 minute ago, LinvilleGorge said:

When you have to go back 20+ years to try to make a point your point might not be all that great.

I think it supported and agreed with your point quite nicely since Tom Brady was picked in the sixth round of that draft (because thats what I was doing, AGREEING WITH YOU).

And I chose that year because it was the obvious one that immediately came to mind and I didn’t feel like doing in depth research into other years to find another.

Sorry for agreeing with the point you were making, bro! I didn’t realize that finding franchise starters deep in the draft was a modern phenomenon and could have never, ever happened in the ancient days of the year 2000!  

• Pie 1

2 minutes ago, tiger7_88 said:

I think it supported and agreed with your point quite nicely since Tom Brady was picked in the sixth round of that draft (because thats what I was doing, AGREEING WITH YOU).

And I chose that year because it was the obvious one that immediately came to mind and I didn’t feel like doing in depth research into other years to find another.

Sorry for agreeing with the point you were making, bro! I didn’t realize that finding franchise starters deep in the draft was a modern phenomenon and could have never, ever happened in the ancient days of the year 2000!  

It's all good man. Just misunderstood your point.

3 minutes ago, USDepartmentOfSavagery said:

the UNC fan gurls salivating over Howell is getting annoying. 

Then ignore it. Funny how there's never any complaints about fanboys of any other college team. Kinda gets annoying listening to the small handful of you whine about it. Yeah, I'm a UNC fan but am I whining about picking an NCSU OT? Nope. I want good players regardless of where they played in college.

• Pie 1

Panthers shouldn't give up any draft picks for any QB available in the draft or free agency.  With our defense, just let Darnold hand the ball of all game and occasionally make a play action pass.  Maybe just let CMC play QB. 

We could probably win 8 or 9 games just by doing this.

4 hours ago, Smithers said:

I think so.  I can see something like us giving up a 2023 3rd rounder, 2022 5th rounder, and Robby Anderson for a mid 2nd rounder this year to grab a QB.  Keep an eye out on NE and GB as potential trade partners 

The Ravens just traded Lamar's favorite WR. I wonder how he feels about Robby? They're sitting at #45.

Edit: I'd be willing to eat part of Robby's salary to make this happen @OceanPanther. I get that his trade value is pretty low with a $20M contract hanging around his neck.

Edited by shaqattaq